CHAPTER TWELVE- wE ArE goiNg To DiE

I was awoken suddenly in a very unpleasant way. And by that I mean I was being started down by a bunch of people with knives, aka gypsies. Yippee. At least I'm still hot and sexy as always. Anywa there was some chief guy and blah blah blah, and now we were in a giant animal cage. I was squashed in the corner with Hugh, and he was boredly making his bees fly around in different formations.

"Why?" he turned to me, tilting his head.

"Why what?" he replied.

"Why does your bee formation look like a penis?" he burst out laughing, and Emma sent a glare our way.

Oh well. But seriously Hugh, why?

Anyway, after a few hours of being bored, Jake apparently had a plan. Which of course, he hadn't shared with me. So I had no idea what was going on. Then I realized. When we had been being dragged away, Emma had decided to tell them Hugh was 'sick,' at which point he dramatically coughed a bee out of his mouth. This strange man.

A gypsy boy was climbing on the side of our cage, so Hugh quickly swallowed his bees- delicious?- before the boy saw.

The young boy looked around thirteen, maybe, and held out some flask of medicine, it looked like, to Jake.

"For your sick one." he said, nodding toward Hugh, and right on cue, Hugh dramatically coughed up another bee. Ah yes, so sick. Woe is me. Anyway, after that, in the span of a few minutes, we put on a dramatic talent show displaying our powers, capturing the boy, and flabbergasting the gypsies. And then the wights arrived. In a tank. With some dogs. Not cool man. The gypsy chief dude told us to stay hidden in the cage under a tarp, so we burrowed into the hay in the bottom of it, barely daring to breathe.

"W-we're gonna get captured- oh, why did I come with you all... I don't wanna die!" I heard Horace stutter from beside me.

"We'll be fine." I attempted to reassure him. He was not reassured. At all.'

"But the wights will find us- and we'll get captured and become hollowgast food and- and-" I rolled my eyes and grabbed his chin, making him face me.

"We'll be fine. We always are. I'll protect you from the wights. You have no reason to worry." I whispered confidently, then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Even in the darkness I could see him turn bright red.

"I-I alright. We'll be alright." he said.

And then a dog barked from right outside our cage. I held my breath, hoping desperately that it would pass us by. A wight began speaking, and I heard the voice of the gypsy chief, then a lion's roar from somewhere near me. I slapped a hand across Horace's mouth to keep him from shouting. There wasn't really a lion. Or bear. Or whatever it had been. I knew what was happening- the gypsies had used the oldest trick in the book.

After a minute or so I heard the dogs barking growing fainter and the gypsy chief talking quieted. We were safe. I let out a sigh of relief and took my hand off Horace's mouth.

"Oh, hallelujah." he muttered. The next thing we knew, the tarp was off and the gypsies were around the cage, and I realized floating keys somewhere outside. Oh God, Millard. Who told him to do that? Hell, I hadn't even realized he was gone. Now I feel like a terrible friend. I'm sorry, you sweet amazing boy.

Well, after that the gypsies called us something in Old Peculiar, and suddenly, we were all best friends. Woo.

But, I got food out of it, so it was good. I sat at the fire talking with Bronwyn when a small gypsy boy came over. He smiled at me, his hair was a mess and his clothes ragged, and he had a sweet little grin missing a few teeth. He looked to be around six years old. He waddled over to me, hands behind his back.

"Hewo, miss!" he said, pronouncing the 'miss' like 'miff.'

"Hello, there." I said, smiling down at him. He reached up one little hand and pointed to my wrist. I looked down to see a bracelet I had gotten for my birthday around when I was nine. I always loved this bracelet, and I hadn't realized I had been wearing it so long. I hardly realized it was there.

"I wike your bwafelet!" the little boy said, smiling. I smiled back at him.

"Why thank you." I replied.

"Were wou the one dat made those plates float earwier?" he asked, referring to our little show before the wights had attacked. I nodded.

"Yes, would you like to see it again?" I asked him. He nodded vigorously, gasping, smiling, and laughing when I lifted the chicken leg I had been eating into the air, making 'wooo,' noises and making it float toward him.

"Bedo!" I heard someone shout, and the little boy turned, then turned back to me.

"Dat's me mamma calling, buh-bye!" he said, then scampered off as I waved goodbye after him.

I guess today wasn't too horrible.

_______________________________________________

Here's another chapter for you all <33

Next I'm going to do a random chapter were the peculairs answer random questions. Just because. If you have a question you want to add in, please comment or message me. The questions can also be for me, but I will credit you if you do. Thanks and byeee<33333