"What are you doing?"

"I'm folding Asma's clothes. I'll keep the phone by my side, let's keep talking." Hafsat was trying to get her friend to calm down and forget whatsoever for at least the time they were speaking.

"Oh God! I left something on the cooker, got so occupied that I forgot, I'm really tired. Bye I'll call you later." She said in a tired voice.

"Okay relax and we–" she stopped right there and turned to the direction of the door.

"You want some coffee before dinner gets ready?" Muslim asked as he stood by the door.

"Yeah--" She dragged as she disconnected the call she was on. "Cappuccino will be okay." She looked up at him.

"Okay," he said and was about to leave.

"Um...would you please get me bread and peanut butter?" She asked him.

"Sure." He answered and left.

Muslim came back with a tray just as the adhan blared through the speakers of the nearby masjid.

"Bye, I'll be back soon." He pecked her forehead and left the room.

She shrugged and sat on the floor to eat before she prayed. She then went to the kitchen to keep the tray and the scent of melted chocolate hit her nostrils, she was salivating and her stomach growled, like she didn't just eat.

Her eyes wandered around the kitchen but she didn't see anything on the cooker. Her eyes caught the oven and oh, he was baking a cake before he left.

She impatiently brought out the cake and when she was sure it was done, she cut the heap on the top to make it flat and cut out the crust. She horizontally cut the cake into two and used the cream Muslim made between them then covered the whole thing with the white cream. She did that expertly and she seemed so excited doing that as smiles played on her face.

She made a brown cream and wrote something on the cake and piped some flowers around it. She finished by sprinkling chocolate chips on top and regretted instantly but it nonetheless looked beautiful and mouthwatering.

She brought her phone out of the pocket of her sweatpants and snapped the cake before gently keeping it in the refrigerator, wondering what took Muslim so long to come back or maybe he was going to pray Isha too before coming back.

"That was cool and fast." Muslim's voice echoed in the kitchen just as Jasmine started eating the parts of the cake she removed, she couldn't wait any longer the aroma was driving her insane. She was talking about chocolate cake to her mum earlier knowing she usually made it, but she didn't have any that time.

Jasmine looked up at him, he was leaning by the door with his arms folded on his chest.

"You've been here." Jasmine intended to question but it came out as a statement.

"Yeah I have." He said and approached her. "Let me see what you wrote while smiling."

"No." She quickly negated. "I mean later."

"Alright I'll wait if that's what you want. I made couscous too." He said and went to the direction of a food flask. Jasmine was already eating her cake.

"This is so creamy." She said, her eyes closed. "I never knew how to make creamy chocolate cake." Her face was stuffed with the stuff she was eating, or rather, gobbling.

"You're kidding me?" He chuckled and she shook her head. "Alright then I'll teach you."

"The couscous is so colourful." Jasmine smiled at the vegetables she saw in the food after swallowing the chocolate thingy. Muslim just chortled lightly at her comment.