𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

The last four weeks have been weird and tiresome

Because we've been so busy with work, I and Alessandro have barely spent any time together, and the time we do spend in each other's company, we spend it arguing or making up with sex.

Just as I was heading out for my therapy session, I and Ale got into another argument over how he had to cancel our date for the third time because of work.

"I just don't understand why he doesn't get where I'm coming from. I make time for us, all the time and when he bails on me, I feel stupid because I could also be doing work, while he's doing his."

Dr Johnson moves her box braids off her shoulder and looks at me.

"For weeks, you've stated how you've been struggling in your relationship with Alessandro-" I stop her, "Not struggling, just . . ." I pause, but I can't actually find a better way to describe the state of my relationship. "Yeah. Struggling."

"As I was saying," she says, with her usual comforting smile, "You and Alessandro have been struggling. Have you guys ever thought about abstaining from sex and working through your issues without it. Your relationship has been driven by your sexual needs from the beginning, maybe it's time to take a break and see if there's more to it."

I sigh, "We haven't really gone more than a day without having sex, since we've been a couple, but we can try. But when you say abstain. . . do you mean no sex plus everything else at all, or just sex." This woman knows how obsessed I am with Alessandro and everything he comes with, so I know she can read right through my expression.

"Try no sex at all, for 30 days. Discuss it with him, obviously. Let him know where it is coming from, and see. You guys can decide together if you want to do it.

If you're interested, I can recommend a couple's therapist for the both of you. We've been seeing each other for a long time, Angie. I've never seen you be as invested in a romantic relationship as you are with this one, so, I know you want this to work, so, just think about what I said. Okay? Let me know what you guys discussed."

On  my way back to Strip, I text Ale, asking if he wants to meet for lunch. His reply never actually comes, so I decide to go to DeLuca Enterprises and bring him some food.

Once I get there, his secretary lets me through quickly and I head to the top floor. I've met his assistant Paul a lot of times, so when he sees me he tells me to wait for him in his office because he's in a meeting.

I busy myself with the TV he has in his office, for the thirty minutes, until he gets here.

"Hey, Angelica," he strips himself of his jacket and rolls his sleeves up to his elbows. He pulls me into a hug as soon as he reaches me. "I brought you lunch," I say pointing at the food on the table.

"I already ate, I'm sorry."

"I wanted to talk to you." My statement stalls him for a second, and when I look at his face, I can't see the Alessandro that is affectionate and caring with me. He's as on edge as I am.