𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

My phone rings beside me and I immediately know who it is

Derek has been blowing up my phone for a week and I've been ignoring him, making sure he knows how serious I was about how replaceable he is in my life. More than a hundred apologies and pleads to meet texts have been deleted since.

I'll respond eventually, and we'll start exactly where we ended but I'm not bothered so far - I've been fine pleasing myself to  memories of my time with Alessandro, who has been clouding my mind and thoughts since the last time I saw him.

Nate is getting ready upstairs and when I see his books splattered on my table and a DeLuca Enterprise card peeking through, it intrigues me. Looking at it, I know it's the building where Alessandro works at. I don't know why, but I put it in my pocket without a second thought.

When Nathan and Maia are ready, we make our way to our dinner reservation with our father, who we haven't seen in months.

The restaurant is a small Italian place, and as soon as we walk in, we notice our father at the table with someone else, and as we approach them I realise the person is a woman - sitting in very close proximity to my father.

This is going to be interesting.

We've been at the table for some time, and we've already ordered drinks and food, but still, any words with substance are yet to be shared, and the reason why my father has called us here is still unknown.

"Ok dad," the silence is interrupted by Maia, "none of us actually want to be here. And the only reason why you ever ask to meet us is for your own personal gain. So, what is it?" Her words are cold and empty of emotions.

The man being questioned clears his throat and grabs Claire's hand - the woman who has joined this lovely reunion. "Kids, Claire is pregnant," what? My siblings and I make eye contact, eyes wide with surprise. "And we're getting married two months from now. I want you all there. And we would love for Nate to be my best man, and for my princesses - Maia and Angelica - to be Claire's maids of honour."

I want to laugh at how ridiculous this actually is, but I stay calm, trying to be the mature one, as the twins lose their shit.

"You can't be fucking serious? Right? He can't be." Nate asks, followed by Maia's complete disbelief. "You expect me to stand in front of all your creepy, rapist friends and smile as you start yet another family with a woman I've never met before, while completely forgetting the other family you have? No. I'm not fucking doing that."

This continues for several minutes, and I get so lost in my thoughts that I start to subtly laugh at the situation. However, it's not subtle enough, because my dad realises and starts his unloading.

"Why are you laughing? This is your fault, you know?" I look at him in disbelief, "And how's that?"

"You and your lies have corrupted your siblings. The way you lied about Mark and still refuse to take it back is disgusting," my heart starts to ache, and I can feel tears start to brim at my eyes, "you've disappointed me beyond belief, and I know your mother would be disgusted with the woman - no, with the type of slut you've become." That's what tips me over.

"Don't you ever talk about mom. Ever." I'm on my feet, looking down at him.

"You know it's true. Remember what the last thing you told her was?" He taunts me, knowing that's a memory I've been trying to repress for years.

"Stop. Stop it." Tears are now falling down my cheeks.

A smug look is on his face, as he looks at me. I leave my keys on the table, "Drive yourselves home," I tell the twins. "Screw you," and with a last look of disdain to my father, I leave the restaurant.

Strip is only a couple of blocks away so I walk there, and without acknowledging anyone, I go to my office.

My eyes scan the words of a contract on my laptop, but I'm not actually paying attention.

A knock on the door diverts my attention, and Alessandro walks in just as I look up. "Hela."

"Alessandro." I try to void my voice of any evidence of how I actually feel. I walk up to him, and take his face into my hands, kissing him. He's taken by surprise, but he reciprocates immediately, pulling me closer by my waist.

"You're over the this is wrong bullshit. I'm glad." His forehead is against mine, "Like you said. It was bullshit." I let my tongue trace against his neck. "Let's get out of here."

The familiar living room appears as the elevator door opens, and I take off my heels immediately, ready to forget every detail about tonight.

I unbutton my top and drop it to the floor, and watch as Alessandro's eyes scan me lustily, stopping at my lace bra. I approach him slowly, and when I'm close enough I start to take off of his shirt and undo his belt.

He puts his hands over mine, "Eager?" I just nod. I want him to stop talking and replace the emotions I'm currently feeling with complete pleasure.

We've moved to his bedroom and I'm completely naked on his bed and watch as he starts to take off his boxers.

Images I don't want appear in my mind, and I try to repress them, focusing on the man in front of me, but as he gets closer, my heart rate increases, and I stop him when he's inches away from my lips. "Wait, Alessandro," he stops and analyses me, with worry, "I just need to go get water."

"Okay." He gets off me and scrutinises my every move.

As I walk towards the kitchen I need to grip onto walls, as my vision becomes blurry and a ringing in my ear disorients me.

I am not having a panic attack in here.

My hand shakes as I pour the water into my cup, and try to reassure myself I'm fine.

"Are you okay? You've been down here for fifteen minutes." When he doesn't receive a response from me, he gets closer, "Angel, I brought you a shirt to wear."

"Okay, you're obviously not okay, so I hope you're okay with me putting this on you." I watch as he puts his shirt over my cold body, but his voice is just background noise and his actions don't register. Everything right now is a blur.

"Can you count to five with me?" I nod, and we do. He continues to execute relaxation techniques and helps me ground myself again. "Let's move to the sofa." He guides me to the living room and turns on the TV, but it takes little time for me to start feeling tired and falling asleep in his arms.

" He guides me to the living room and turns on the TV, but it takes little time for me to start feeling tired and falling asleep in his arms

Ok so a little about Angelica's family and background.