𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘- 𝐒𝐈𝐗

"Ale, there's some things we have to talk about

"Ale, there's some things we have to talk about. I've been thinking about them for a while, but it never made sense to bring them up while we weren't together together."

He immediately closes his laptop and gives me all his attention. "Okay. What's wrong?"

"Remember the day I went to Italy, last month?" He nods, "I saw texts from another woman, and videos of you guys together."My voice is annoyingly shaky, making my words come out rushed and unclear. Before he speaks, I continue, "Then, while I was in Italy, I saw something online about you meeting a woman who you were engaged to. I'm pretty sure it was the same woman I saw on your phone, and I just need to know there's nothing between the two of you."

He pulls me into his embrace, "I hate that I don't realize shit like this. That things are bothering you because of me, but you have nothing to worry about."

I let out a relieved sigh but still wait for an explanation. "Remember the woman that kissed me at my mother's gala?" Nodding my head, I give my answer, "She was my fiance until two years ago. I found out she cheated on me, and broke off the engagement," he stops for a moment, before letting out an anxious breath, "when things were bad between us - you and I - I slept with her." My breath hitches, and I dig my nails in my palm. Grabbing my chin between his fingers, he forces me to look at him. "It didn't mean anything. There is a lot I did during that week that I wish I could take back, but I can't, and I'm sorry that I hurt you, but you have me, now. It's only you."

I find some comfort in his words, and I know I can't be too mad. That's what the rational part of me says.

The not so rational part of me, tells me to reach out for his neck and strangle him for having another woman's hands on him.

For once I listen to my rational thoughts.

"When you were in Italy, she saw me at the cafe I usually stop at. She cornered me and told me she needed to talk to me. So I listened to what she had to say. It was nothing I cared about, so I left her. She's been trying to rekindle our relationship, and she isn't happy that her manipulation tactics aren't working."

A heavy knock on the door pulls me away from him, and when I open it, my siblings are there.

"Hey," they both say. They head towards the living room, where they greet Alessandro and take my seat beside him.

"Oh, by the way," Alessandro says, just as I sit on my floor, in between his legs, "Maia my friend that owns the pharmaceutical company you were asking about said that if you want something to do on the weekend, you're welcome to shadow her on the weekends."

Maia squeals of joy, and I smile at her reaction. She throws her arms around his shoulders and hugs him. She's been getting better recently, and I am so happy to see that what Mark did to her didn't kill every chance of her being happy again.

My sister finally lets go of him, and starts asking thousands of questions. I decide to take the opportunity to go to the kitchen and check on the food.

My brother follows me. "I like him. . . Alessandro, I mean."

I smile at him, "Yeah, I do too." Nate nods, "I can tell. It kinda makes me feel shitty for punching him."

A laugh escapes my throat, "Don't. He deserved it."

I notice the smile quickly disappear when he glances at his phone. "Hey, are you okay? Is everything okay in school?"

He hides his expression with a fake smile, "Yeah. Everything is great." I let it go for now, and mess his hair up a bit, which gains me a scowl from him. "Don't do that."

I leave him in the kitchen, as he checks his hair, and make my way back in the living room. Maia is still asking a thousand questions, and Ale is still answering patiently, seemingly unbothered by her. I sit by my sister, and pull her into a hug from the back.

"Don't forget to breath, Mi-Mi."

"Angie, you don't understand this is the opportunity of a lifetime, this will look so good on my college application."

"That's so good, Mi." I say placing a kiss on her temple.

Once she's done interrogating Alessandro about his friend, we finally pick something to watch and put on an action movie.

My head lays on Alessandro shoulder as he holds me close to his body. Eventually, the twins go to their respective rooms and we talk about random things about our day.

"I need you to tell me something else," I say. Ale looks at me curiously.

"I know you and Derek are cousins, and he's told me sone things. I just want to know what happened from your perspective."

"First of all, we are not cousins. His mom married my uncle and they divorced, like two years after. He was involved in the family business because my dad wanted him to feel included and he was struggling at the time. He was head of finance, and stole from my dad." I know retelling this is making any repressed anger surface, due to the way he's clenching his jaw.

"I know what he told you. He called me during one of your conversations and let me hear what he told you. My family isn't perfect, but it definitely isn't what he made it out to be. I know you've had issues with people like that in the past, but I would never bring you around my family if I thought they'd think things like that about you. You should know I respect you too much to do that to you. I care too much about you."

I wrap my arms around his neck, not sure about what to say but needing his comfort, regardless.

"I think Maia is warming up to me," he says after a short period of silence. "I think so too."

"Nate may need a bit more time," he huffs. I chuckle, "he's happy for me."

"You make me happy. That's what either of them really cares about."

its been too long

its been too long.
I've considered un publishing this story too many times because of how unmotivated I felt about this and wife material. Turns out listening to one sad song on repeat for hours may do the trick.

Im truly going to try and be more consistent with updates, but Im going to keep it real with y'all, it's going to depend. Anyways enjoy the chapter and if you haven't read wife material yet, go read that too. I'm gonna go write a new chapter for that as well!!