𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Life hasn't always been too fair to me, but as I turn and look at Angela, I feel like the luckiest man alive

She nervously asks for my opinion on the dresses she's trying on, and all I can do is stare at her in awe. I don't want to tell her that I've not been paying much attention to any of the dresses, too focused on how beautiful she looks, with her hair braided into cornrows that reach her waist and the make up she spent an hour doing.

We're going to my mother's yearly Christmas charity ball. She'll be meeting all of my family, and she's extremely nervous. She woke up early today to get her nails and eyelashes done, and I tagged along. All she did during our time together was ask if my family would like her.

We've been going on dates for over a month, and although we haven't spoken about it explicitly, we're not sleeping with or seeing anyone else.

She emerges from her closet in a velvet dress. It perfectly clings to all her curves and has a slit that reaches the upper part of her thigh. This dress grabs my attention, and my eyes scan her exposed leg.

"What do you think? How's this dress?" She asks, and finally, I look up from her long leg and into her eyes. "Do you think they'll find this appropriate?"

I move close to her, "I think it's more than appropriate. . ." I start, "It lets me do this very easily," my hand finds her underwear under the dress and my finger swipes across it.

A light laugh leaves her lips, "I think that means that it isn't appropriate. Let me go change." She tries to detangle herself from me, but I pull her closer. "If you change into another dress, neither of us is leaving this apartment. I'll be too busy fucking some sense into you, because you're missing some if you think I'm allowing you to wear another dress after seeing you in this one. Fuck what anyone else thinks, Angela. You look fantastic."

I peck her lips and move away, after lightly slapping her ass.

"I really like this dress. So, I guess I'll wear it."

Sending a triumphant smile in her direction, I go back to sitting on the bed and hear her mention her decision has nothing to do with me.

After she wears her heels and grabs her purse, we make our way to my car.

"Hey, Evan," Angela greets my driver, and he responds with a nod of his head before starting the drive to the venue.

We arrive around 8:50 pm and, as soon as our door opens, there are photographers and interviewers. My family has many connections, many of which make appearances at events such as this, so this is expected.

As I step out, I walk to the other side of the car to offer Angelica a hand to help her out. My body shields hers from the flashes as she gets out.

"You good?" I ask her as she takes in her surroundings. "Yes."