When the cab finally reaches the destination, the driver helps me pull out my suitcase and throws me a look of sympathy. I look up at the building in front of me and take a deep breath. I should have called them first, but I could barely compose myself during the ride. They will hear the full story after I get inside.

I drag my suitcase, enter the apartment lobby, and get into the elevator. After pressing the button, my sobs break again.

I never cried this much before.

My mind is filled with Aiden.

Even though Ashton and Ian told me that Aiden didn't mean what he said and that he needed some time to sort his feelings out, they hadn't seen what I had.

I'll always remember it. The hurt and anger in Aiden's eyes. The coldness of his voice. The way he dismissed me.

The lump in my throat is getting bigger, making it hard for me to swallow. The elevator door opens, and I make my way down the corridor toward my best friends' room while trying my best to not collapse. All this crying has drained my energy.

Once I arrive at the door, I knock on it. It takes a while for it to be opened, and I don't blame them. I'm the one who shows up announced at this hour.

I knock again, and when Ash's face pops before me, I burst into tears. Her eyes widen in shock. Panic quickly skates all over her face at the sight of how devastated I am.

Footsteps echo, and Maya's sleepy voice follows. "Who is it? So early in the morning." She yawns but then stops short in her track as soon as she sees me.

"Oh my God, Nevaeh. What happened?" Ash abruptly lets me in and closes the door behind us.

I stare at them, who still haven't recovered from the shock. This is the first time they see me breaking down.

My knees give up on me, but before I collapse, Maya catches me. I rest my head on her shoulder, crying. Ash's hand is on my back, trying to soothe me. I can feel their concern and worry all over the air.

Then I tell them everything.

I wake up with a headache. As soon as my gaze finds the ceiling of my bedroom, telling me that I'm back in reality, my heart clenches with pain again.

The first thing that strikes me after waking up is the fact that Nevaeh is gone.

I sit up on my bed, trying to adjust to the dizziness. Everything feels like spinning. The trip to LA was exhausting -- mentally and physically -- and I can't remember the last time I ate.

I let out a long sigh. My hands are shaking as I bury my face in them.

Nevaeh.

I don't know how I'm going to survive the days after losing her. She's been such an important part of my life. Not being able to see her again makes my heart ache so fucking much. I already miss her. God, I miss her so much.