94 | heartbreak

AN:
Hi everyone. I'm sorry for the late updates. I just gave birth to my second child, a baby girl, two weeks ago. It's hectic around here but it has been tremendously joyful for me and my family. We feel so blessed.

I'm currently not working and hence I still have some time to write. I just want to let you know that the updates may be random.

Now on with the story.

***

I don't know how long I've been staring out the window of my bedroom

I don't know how long I've been staring out the window of my bedroom. While I'm sitting here facing the city, my mind only resolves around what I've said to Nevaeh.

I asked her to leave, even though I knew that it would kill me. I brace myself for the permanent hole in my heart once she's no longer in my life.

I never thought that I would feel this kind of pain again.

This agony feels even worse than before. This is the worst kind of nightmare, and it's all my fault for believing something that isn't real. Again.

"Aiden." I can hear the urgency in Ashton's voice when he approaches me. "What the hell is going on?" he hisses, stopping right beside me.

Yet, I ignore him, still focusing my gaze on the window.

"What the hell did you just do?" he asks with frustration. "Nevaeh is packing all her things, and Ian is panicking. I swear to God, if this has something to do with that woman--"

"It's for the best," I cut him off. "I need to stop this before it leads me to something I'll regret in the future."

Ashton scoffs. "Will you elaborate on that? Because what you said didn't make sense at all. Let me ask you something. When you were in LA, did you let those two fuck with your head again?" A beat of silence fills the air before Ashton continues speaking, rather hesitantly, "Did you and Olivia--"

"We did nothing," I say. "There's nothing between us anymore."

Ashton lets out a sigh of relief, and the idea that he even had that thought about me and Olivia sickens me.

"Then what are you doing right now?" Ashton's voice is low. Anger is laced in his words. "Do you really want Nevaeh to leave?"

My fists are shaking as I clench them on the armrests. "She has to leave, and she should have done so a long time ago."

Before I took advantage of her.

"And I don't want to believe what's not real," I say. "I don't want to make the same mistake."

"What are you talking about?" Ashton snaps. He's speaking to me like I was crazy. "What did you talk about with Olivia that caused you to make a decision so ridiculous?"