76 | deserted

I hum, walking along the corridor between the bookshelves inside my campus library

I hum, walking along the corridor between the bookshelves inside my campus library. A smile lingers on my lips because I keep thinking about spending time with Aiden again later after college.

Sienna and Luna have taken their flight back home this morning, so I can finally stay with Aiden again. I'm glad that our weekend went smoothly.

I'm pulling out a book from the shelf to read the description on the back cover when I hear my name called.

"Nevaeh." The voice startles me that I drop the book in my hand.

When I turn around, my eyes widen in surprise. "Aiden?" What comes out of my mouth is a faint whisper.

There standing before me is Aiden, dressed in his office suit.

I've seen this kind of sight before.

He looks disheveled, lost, like he's in agony. This is the second time that Aiden comes here to see me.

I texted him that I was spending time in the library, but I didn't expect him to be here shortly after.

He's supposed to be in his office, working. What is he doing here during office hours?

My feet are nailed onto the ground. I can't move. I watch as Aiden walks toward me with his gaze fixed on me. He has a serious expression on his face, causing me to wonder what is going on.

Just like the last time he was here, he corners me against the bookshelf that my back knocks it. I yelp. My eyes instantly find the section name of the library, and my heart races because we shouldn't be here in a common section.

The sound of other students chattering reach my ears, and I immediately pull away from him. Aiden seems to notice my worry because he drags me to walk to another corridor. It's quite a long way until we find a spot inside the library that's absolutely deserted, with no one interested to read whatever books there are here.

"Aiden." My chest heaves up and down as he pulls me into his embrace. I grip his arms when he pushes me against the bookshelf again.

When I look up to see his face, I'm met again with the restlessness in his expression. He looks torn, and I can see the sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly. "What happened?"

Did something happen during the weekend that he didn't tell me?

Aiden doesn't answer my question. Instead, he holds my nape and crashes his lips into mine. I shut my eyes, allowing him to kiss me hard and fiercely. My hands are clutching the front part of his shirt.

This kiss is making me lose my mind because I can feel his burning passion and desire getting out of control. I can also feel his anger. It's raw, and reckless, moreover in a place like this.

This kiss throws so many questions into my head. Why is he kissing me like this? Why is he kissing me like it's the last time?

We pull away because of shortness of breath. Both of us pant hard, and my fingers shake as I cup his cheek. "Why are you suddenly here?"