15 | boys

Walking into Aiden's home office this evening wasn't my plan, but after today's announcement from my professor that there will be an open book quiz tomorrow afternoon, I can't help but try to find something good to read

Ash and Maya told me that the professor likes to throw questions we can hardly find the answers on our coursebook -- that's not fair. Maybe Aiden can lend me some good books on this topic, since he's a successful businessman himself.

I knock on the door, and Aiden's voice echoes, "Come in."

He's sitting behind his desk. He's still working but not in his office attire. Instead, he's wearing a simple black t-shirt.

He looks like he didn't expect to see me here.

"I'm sorry," I say rather reluctantly. "I don't want to disturb you. I'm just looking for a book."

Aiden gets up from his chair and approaches me. "What book are you looking for?"

"Business economics."

He walks toward one of the shelves, and I follow him.

"It's over here." He scans the titles of the books, shoving his hands into his pants pockets. "What do you want to study? Is it more about market demand? Cost analysis? Pricing strategy?"

I bite my lower lip, scanning the books too. "The last one." I find it hard to choose the options in front of me. "I need one that explains more about the case study."

Aiden nods and picks a book from the shelf without a second thought. "This one is pretty good. You can try this."

He hands me the book, and when I flip through the pages, my eyes widen in surprise. I can almost feel my jaw drop.

Holy shit. This one is complicated, much more than the examples I saw in my coursebook.

But then, my classmates said earlier that the professor loves to torture us with difficult case studies, so I can't say that I'm not interested to read this book.

Aiden seems to notice my lack of response. He glances at his wristwatch. "I'm still waiting for the overseas reports, so I have some time now if you want me to explain about the book."

I stare at him in disbelief. Would I skip the chance to get tutored by one of the most successful businessmen in the country? Hell no.

Now that I look into Aiden's eyes, I find myself hypnotized. Those amber eyes are so beautiful. The color is mesmerizing...

My inner voice quickly snaps me out of my thoughts. What the hell am I thinking about? I hate this kind of random thought in my mind.

Focus, Nevaeh. You have to focus.

"Well," I falter, grateful that he offers to teach me. "If you don't mind..."