62 | one wish

It has been a couple of days since dad told me that they're going to come to Seattle, and I can't help but worry

It has been a couple of days since dad told me that they're going to come to Seattle, and I can't help but worry. I can't imagine what would happen if they knew the truth.

I hug my knees, feeling the warm water soothe my skin as I sit here in the jacuzzi. I'm wearing a one-piece swimsuit. My hair is tied up in a messy bun.

The jacuzzi is just right beside the swimming pool. The view from here is amazing, especially at night. My gaze darts to the beautiful city lights in front of me. I'm grateful that I can be here to relax after a long day in college.

"Here's your drink."

I turn my head and find Aiden smiling down at me. He hands me a mocktail in a champagne glass -- it looks like a mixture of strawberry puree, lime juice, and Sprite. I take it from him, and he joins me in the jacuzzi with another drink in his hand.

I blush at the sight before me. Aiden is shirtless and only wearing his swim trunk. His well-built body and toned abs make me immediately look away because I don't want to be caught staring -- and he's a sight my eyes can't escape.

I sip my mocktail, trying to calm my heartbeat.

"I have something to tell you," I say. "My parents will come to see me next week."

Aiden is silent, so I look at him again. He's staring to the front.

"I'll have to move to my apartment downstairs," I say but then add, "for a couple of days."

Oh, God, I really don't want to be away from him. It's embarrassing that I have to emphasize the point that I'll only be away from him for a few days.

"Luna and my cousin, Sienna, will be in Seattle too the next week after that," I continue.

Aiden nods. "Yeah. Luna told me about that."

I watch Aiden, who seems to be deep in thought. I can see perfectly his handsome side view from where I'm sitting. There's not much light here in the pool, but his face seems to glow under the moon and the lights from the skyscrapers.

His eyes, his nose, his jaw... How can a man have such perfect features?

I quickly compose myself and look away. But then, as I look down at myself, Sienna's words suddenly echo in my ears.

Why didn't I wear the sexy bikini she bought me?

I don't know why this naughty thought suddenly crossed my mind. God, what the hell is wrong with me?

"...Nevaeh?" Aiden's voice snaps me out of my trance.

I shift my eyes to him, only to find him looking at me with wonder. He seems to have asked me a question, but I was too lost in my thoughts that I missed it.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"Do you miss them?" Aiden asks softly. "Your parents...and your home in Texas. Do you miss them?"