Episode 38: Itachi Returns!

Following a grueling training session, Sasuke decided to seek advice from Kakashi. He returned to the Hidden Leaf Village after gathering his things and having a little water break.

As he approached Kakashi's residence, everything seemed normal, as if it was simply another day of training. However, upon entering Kakashi's chamber, he saw something was wrong.

Kurenai, Asuma, and Guy Sensei had gathered around Kakashi, who appeared to be unconscious.

"Hey, Kakashi!" Sasuke exclaimed before recognizing his sensei's situation.

The other Jonin remained silent, their looks indicating anxiety.

Sasuke gasped, his voice full of concern, "Why is Kakashi sleeping? And why are you all here? What is going on?!"

Guy Sensei let out a forced sigh: "It's... uh, nothing major, really."

Just then, Aoba Sensei rushed into the room, yelling, "Hey! Is it true that Itachi has returned?

Guy Sensei cast a desperate gaze at Aoba, silently pleading with him to stop.

Aoba continued, oblivious to the tension in the room: "...And that he's here to capture Naruto?!" When he noticed Sasuke's appearance, he regretted the moment.

Asuma and Guy Sensei exchanged irritated sighs.

Aoba tripped over his words and tried to backtrack, "I-I mean, well..."

Kurenai rolled her eyes and said, "Idiot."

Despite the tight situation, no one seemed to notice the alteration occurring within Sasuke's head. His gaze become steely and determined, driven by an unwavering desire for vengeance against his brother.

They exchanged a terrifying look, revealing his fixation with the demise of his tribe. The metallic scent of blood appeared to saturate the air, heightening Sasuke's senses. He could no longer take it...

He pushed by Aoba and quickly exited Kakashi's residence, saying nothing. All he could hear was the sound of his own breath and the steady cadence of his footfall as he rushed, determined to find the one person he would not let die, no matter who the killer was. Naruto would not perish under Sasuke's watch.

As he neared the door, he came face to face with Sakura, who appeared to be departing concurrently.

"Hey, Sasuke—" Sakura began.

Ignoring her, Sasuke cut her off with an urgent voice, "Where is Naruto?"

"Oh! Well, I don't know. I just arrived," she responded.

Sasuke ignored her after hearing what he wanted and hurried off to the only spot he could think of to look for his friend.

"If Naruto is apprehended, he is as good as dead... I will not let that happen!" Sasuke reflected to himself as he reached Naruto's favorite ramen shop.

Sasuke ran into the ramen shop and immediately spotted the cook.

"Old man, was Naruto here today?! Do you know where he went after he left?" Sasuke asked eagerly.