Episode 25: The Chunnin Exams: Let The Semifinals Begin!

When the three Kages finally arrived on the day of the final rounds, many shinobis greeted them with great respect and affection. Many people entered the arena through the top balconies with the intent to witness the various matches that were scheduled to start soon.

Tenten assisted Neji in honing his techniques at the third training area. She then runs out of energy after hurling many weapons at him and dodging them.

"Not a single blemish. Excellent, Neji." Tenten appeared to be smiling as she gasped for air.

That serves as a sufficient warm-up. Neji gave a firm reply. "Let's go."

Without receiving any more word from a foreign ANBU Black Ops eavesdropping on them from a distance, they departed as soon as they could.

Inside Naruto's flat, the Uzumaki boy awoke and thought to himself, "And now for the big event. I'm so anxious that I'm having trouble sleeping. That guy's first, huh?" He was aware that Neji possessed one of the greatest genin abilities.

Naruto had seen Neji's vicious power and skills since the 3rd exam, and he has rarely been able to surpass him. An uncertain expression on Naruto's face did not bode well for him, so as he strolled calmly with a few villagers going by, he considered various things that would cheer him up.

"Hahaha. I can call frogs now... It will be fine," he said reassuringly, but then he saw Gaara's icy expression in his thoughts, and it brought back horrible memories of his eyes.

When Naruto saw Hinata on the training fields that morning, he inquired as to how she was feeling. She didn't respond to his first query, though, as she huddled anxiously behind one of the tree stumps after being shocked by his appearance.

"Naruto... What brings you here? Isn't this the last one?" She questioned bashfully.

"Oh okay! Since this is where I became a genin, I only came to check out this practice field," he said carefully.

"Oh... Why?"

"Not a thing! Who gives a damn? With a blank shrug, Naruto refused to reveal his motivations to her.

Oh, oh, oh. Yes, I apologize," Hinata whispered. Naruto groaned pitifully as she considered this for a bit.

"Hinata. Neji is one of your relatives, correct? She nodded and he asked. "He's very strong, eh?"

"Yeah.." To his chagrin, she scowled and muttered. "B-but you might be able to beat him b-because.."

"Hehehe! Yes, indeed! I am incredibly powerful!" He laughed till they stopped talking, assuring himself.

"Oh. Um... When you cheered for me, I felt like I had become stronger. After the preliminaries had ended, I started liking myself a little more. To other people, it may not seem like I've changed but I..... felt like I was able to change. It was thanks to you, Naruto," she said earnestly.

"Ahhh! Thanks to me, eh? Yeah, I'm very influential!" He gave her a big smile and asked her a pointed question. "Did you... Think that?"

"Huh?" Hinata just stared at him.

"You may believe that I am strong, but that is simply a front I put on. Disappointed, Naruto murmured, "I'm so frustrated from always failing."

"That is untrue. You're a proud failure, in my opinion, even though you consistently fail! My heart is filled with an overwhelming feeling when I look at you. Because you make mistakes, you are not flawless. You're strong enough to stand back up. Since I think true power lies in it. "Naruto, I think you are a powerful person," Hinata said to him, giving him a small blush.

(WIP)The Hidden Dragon Chronicles: Series 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें