Episode 23: The Summoning Jutsu: Pervy Sage and Chief Toad!

It had been three weeks since Naruto began training with Jiraiya. Progress was made gradually, but not quickly enough for Jiraiya.

"Summoning jutsu!" Naruto yelled, only to summon a small frog.

Jiraiya grimaced. "Hmph! Try again. You can do it, kid."

Naruto's frustration rose. "Aww, what the heck is the difference between a frog and a tadpole anyway?!"

Jiraiya's focus seemed divided as he looked around."Listen, Naruto, this is crucial. You need to concentrate. You're running out of time, with only one week till your tournament. You have not mastered this technique yet."

Naruto experienced a surge of confidence. "I understand, Pervy Sage! But can't you act as if you believe in me? I need your advice and support!"

Jiraiya hesitated, his gaze eventually finding Naruto's. His eyes showed a trace of guilt. "You're correct, Naruto. I haven't been as supportive as I could be. I believe in your potential. Let us get serious about this training.

Jiraiya splashed water over Naruto with increased determination, illustrating the need of focus and concentration. "Keep trying, Naruto. Push past the obstacles and believe in yourself. "You can do it!"

"Hey, what was that for?" Naruto inquired, puzzled by the unexpected splash of water.

"Oh, that? Consider it a wake-up call. "You need to snap out of it." Jiraiya responded lazily.

"Do I need to snap out of this? Look at yourself." Naruto responded, pointing out Jiraiya's lecherous actions.

Jiraiya sent out a dissatisfied sigh. "You've been practicing for three weeks and are still at this level? At this pace, it is foolish to continue."

Give me a break! I'm doing my best here!" Naruto exclaimed, feeling both frustrated and disappointed.

Jiraiya's demeanor relaxed slightly. "If you want to master this summoning jutsu, you must approach it as if your life depended on it. "It requires complete concentration and dedication."

As Naruto prepared to react, Jiraiya's face lit up with an idea. His eyes twinkled with malice.

"That's all... Make it like if his life depended on it... Hmm..." Jiraiya whispered to himself, deep in concentration. "Are you ready to go, old friend?" he inquired, his eyes determinedly fixed on the sky.

He envisioned his friend, who looked like a wise and battle-hardened toad, grinning down at him with a pipe in his mouth.

The unnamed speaker spoke in a gruff tone, 'Hmph! Do you believe this youngster could summon me? Impossible! No one, but you and the Fourth, was capable of such an accomplishment.'

"I understand, but the kid is the-" Jiraiya started to quarrel.

Gamabunta, as Jiraiya imagined him, interjected with a sigh, 'Yeah, yeah, I know. Alright, I will do it, but I cannot guarantee the boy's survival if he fails.'

"Trust me, he will not die. He may be a tiny squirt, but he isn't entirely useless. If he knew he was about to die, he would do anything to save himself," Jiraiya stated confidently.

Jiraiya sighed as he returned his mind to reality. "Okay, kid! Let's go!"

"Huh?! W-Where are we going?" Naruto queried, perplexed by Jiraiya's odd demeanor.

Jiraiya grinned, mischievously. "You'll see, just come on."

After some trekking, Naruto and Jiraiya arrived at a cliff, standing on the edge of a massive chasm that reached at least 100 feet deep. The vista was amazing and a little terrifying.