Episode 8: The Chunnin Exams!

After a few days, the four had completed a great deal more D-rank assignments, to the point that even Sasuke was growing restless. Naruto and Sasuke were waiting for Kakashi at a bridge, ready to resume their rivalry.

To save Sasuke and convincing everyone that he was a hero and not him, the yellow-haired shinobi looked down on him.

Walking dogs was the day's last task, and naturally, Naruto had to choose the largest dog that would not listen. "Wait don't go that way, it's a minefield!"

As the dog pulled Naruto toward the field, he let out a cry. Naruto was pulled from the field by Sakura and Sasuke following a string of explosions. Kakashi made the decision that the group's day was over.

Izumi observed Sakura and Sasuke carrying Naruto across the village while strolling next to Kakashi Sensei.

"You are just one big problem." When Sasuke responded, Naruto became enraged enough to strike Sasuke.

Sakura suddenly out her arm to halt him.

"If you keep this up I'll finish you off myself." She screamed at him.

Izumi gave them an eye roll and moved forward with Sasuke.

This is the reason for the chaos in our teamwork! Because you believe you're better than everyone, Sasuke is to blame!" Sasuke was yelled at by Naruto.

Sasuke gives up on his stroll. "Not everyone, just you. Unless you're ready to prove me wrong." Sasuke put forward a challenge.

Glaring at one another, they awaited the other to initiate contact.

When Kakashi Sensei said, "All right guys, let's call it a day so you can beat each other up later," the tension was released. "In any case, I need to turn in my mission report."

"Whatever I'm out of here." Sasuke mocked.

"Sasuke wait I'll go with you!" Sakura steps in to break the silence.

Sakura moved past Sasuke. "So why don't we, I don't know. Do something more personal? You know to improve our teamwork and all." She blushed and made a suggestion.

"You are exactly as bad as Naruto, I swear.  Why don't you exercise your skills and strengthen the team instead of flirting? You are, let's face it, worse than Naruto." With that, Sasuke turned around and left.

Izumi let out a sigh and turned away from the group, giving Naruto a little wave and smile before moving on.

Naruto initiated a conversation with Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon, claiming that square rocks don't exist and that he was 'training' and hence unable to play ninja with them, even if he wasn't real.

They eventually drove Sakura crazy, and she pursued the four of them to a narrow passage, where Izumi was leaning against the wall. Feeling the breeze from above, she crossed her arms and closed her eyes, seeing only the children and Uzumaki, not the two Sand Village ninjas coming from the other side.

A man wearing a full black ninja suit and hood, complete with purple face paint, was standing behind a girl sporting four buns and a huge fan strapped to her back.

Konohamaru sat at his feet and slammed against the guy, "Do you need something?" 

Grasping Konohamaru's shirt tightly, Izumi scowled at him and asked, "Does this hurt punk?"

The girl turned to face the guy and said, "Put him down, Kankuro, or you know you'll pay for it later." She was looking around behind her for something. 

When the boy finally looked up, he gave us a cunning smile, and then Naruto began to shout, "Hey! Get your hands off him now!"  

"We got a few minutes before he gets here, let's mess with these punks," Kankuro said, holding him harder before turning to the girl accompanying him. Konohamaru began to kick him, and he smiled, saying, "You're feisty, but not for long."