Episode 13: The Rookie 13! Together Again!

Kakashi-Sensei stood in front of the waiting room door, his visible eye closed and smiling as he stared at his pupils.

"You've all finally chosen to join, right? I'm so proud of you... I couldn't have asked for a better team," he stated enthusiastically.

Kakashi described the exam requirements, emphasizing that participants had to form groups of three or four. He informed them that all four of his students were qualified candidates and that if one of them dropped out, the others would be unable to take the exam.

Unbeknownst to his students, Kakashi had initially lied about the regulations to keep them from feeling pressured by their affection for one another.

After his explanation, Kakashi opened the door and let his team into the waiting area.

Inside, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Izumi were surrounded by candidates from several villages, including the sand siblings and Team Gai.

Suddenly, an arm wrapped around Izumi's shoulder, surprising her.

"So, looks like you and I are tied again," Shikamaru said, his arm casually slung over Izumi's shoulder.

Izumi turned toward him, a bright smile on her face. "Shikamaru! So you entered, huh?"

"That's right. This guy will not be relaxing for a while," he said, his tone tinged with his typical apathy.

"Haha, well, you'll have to keep up with me from now on if you want to catch up," she said, giving him a friendly poke.

"Hey, I'm working on it, okay?" Shikamaru replied, "I may be slow, but I have my brains to rely on." He pointed to his head to emphasize his intelligence.

Izumi chuckled, well aware of his remarkable 200+ IQ. She had always admired his bright intelligence and frequently commended him for it.

"Anyways," she replied, "how have you been? "Has Asuma-sensei assigned you any interesting missions?"

Shikamaru shrugged passively. "Just a couple of D and C-rank missions; nothing unusual. I am jealous of your A-rank adventure. How come you always get the exciting ones?"

Izumi smiled, her eyes gleaming mischievously. "Who knows, maybe somewhere in the universe is looking out for me."

Shikamaru moved on to speak with Choji after their conversation, while Izumi spoke with Ino.

Izumi then felt a set of arms wrap around her waist. She turned her head to see Kiba. "Hey, Izumi...aren't you looking as good as ever.." he asked flirtatiously.

"Hello, Kiba....." Izumi gritted her teeth, shrugged him off, and he recoiled from his grip on her.

"Hey. I'm only being friendly, Suoh. "Nothing more." He cracked a grin, his snaggle tooth poking out the side.

"Well, couldn't you do it in a more normal way, like a handshake or an actual hug," she asked, her tone a little harsher than usual.

Shikamaru observed the incident and moved closer to Izumi, in front of Kiba. "Just back off, will you? The girl already has enough problems."

"Oh yeah, Nara?" And what do you have to do with it? It's not like you're her boyfriend or anything." He stared back.

"No, but she is my best friend. I'll do anything to keep her safe." He crossed his arms, his eyes unmistakably serious.

Someone then began approaching them. "I suggest you don't make too much noise.... look around......" stated a young male with grey hair and glasses.

"Who are you?" Sakura spoke.

"I apologize for my disrespect. I'm Kabuto Yakushi," he explained.

He informed the group that he had obtained some information. Then he pulled out a stack of cards.

"Is that thing even accurate?" Izumi inquired.

"Of course." "These are the findings from my research," he added, smiling at her.

"Do you have anyone in mind?" He questioned.

"Gaara of the Desert.... and Rock Lee..." Sasuke said.

"You're no fun... you already know their name...." that's what he said. Then he took two cards and laid them on the floor. The information about Gaara and Lee surfaced.

Gaara had participated in numerous B-rank and one A-rank missions. Izumi was surprised to discover that he had no wounds.

She turned to look at Gaara, only to find him staring at her.

Something about him......his sand was unusual. Izumi sensed something, chakra? Not much more strong than chakra. As a result, he sustained no injuries while performing his job.

Then, a sound ninja named Dosu arrived and assaulted Kabuto. He avoided the onslaught but puked up his guts afterward.

"But he dodged it!" Sakura stated, "How did...?"

Dosu pulled up his sleeve, revealing some sort of contraption.

"Oh...I see. You use ultrasound, don't you?" Izumi asked.

"Clever girl..." he responded.