Chapter 9: A Surprise?

When Della arrived at the apartment she shared with her younger sister, Lady, she immediately noticed that Lady wasn't there. Della checked her phone for the time. 1:30pm. 2 more hours until Lady gets home, Della thought to herself. She proceeded to walk into the kitchen and prepare the Onzancaire potion the way Eva Marie was telling her how to at The Healing Center. As Della began to make the potion, she started to become lost in her thoughts.

Della began thinking about the man that she bought the Onzancaire set for. A man by the name of Michael Touissant. Michael Touissant is a 55-year old man that is known around College Park for being a womanizer and making young women fall in love with him. Michael was like a love shark; he would find his prey, which were young, naive girls. Woo them and sweep them off their feet, making them feel like the only girl in the world. Once he got tired of them or grew annoyed with them, it's like he would move on to the next hot thing and forget about the broken heart or hearts he left behind. Della knew this from all of the stories that people would tell her about Michael, especially after word got out that they were dating.

Della thought back to the day when she met Michael. Her and Lady were walking to the laundromat. It was a hot summer day and Della knew what she was doing, wearing her slightly, tight fitting booty shorts and crop top but, she learned early on that if you got it, flaunt it. Although she really wasn't trying to flaunt that day. She was just doing some laundry. Michael had just so happened to drive past them and when he got a good look at Della's face in his rearview mirror, he decided to make a U-turn to approach her. Michael slowly pulled up along the sidewalk that Della and Lady were walking on and cruised by slowly, saying to Della, "It's too hot for both of y'all pretty young things to be walking with loads of clothes. Let me ease y'all stress. Get in," said Michael as he slowly drove next to Lady and Della.

Della stopped, looked at Michael and also looked at the car he was driving. It was an old school Mercedes-Benz truck but she knew he had to have some type of

money if he was out and about, driving that type of car in the hood. She also smiled even harder when she noticed how good Michael looked for his age. Even though Michael was 32 years older than her, Della was smitten. Michael opened up the passenger door and allowed Della to enter his car. He also unlocked the back door for Lady to get in with their laundry bags. The laundromat wasn't far but, by the time Michael dropped them off, Della and Michael had exchanged numbers. From that point on, Della was in a whirlwind romance with Michael.

When Della and Michael first became involved, Michael told her from the beginning that he didn't want anything serious. He had been down that road before, even getting married once and had a son. Michael didn't want to do it again; a relationship, marriage or even kids. He was absolutely fine with being a father to one child. Della remembered that she agreed to this but, eventually she started to fall for Michael. Which is why she made that purchase at The Healing Center. She and Michael hadn't been together long but she needed Michael to feel the exact same way about her. Della was willing to go to any extreme measure to do it, too.

As Della began to stir the mixture, she suddenly forgot one of the last steps that Eva Marie had told her to do with the Onzancaire. Was she supposed to mix in 2 or 3 tablespoons of the Onzancaire creme? She decided to put 3 tablespoons in and immediately noticed the potion becoming thick. Della turned the stove down and let the mixture cool off. After about 30 minutes had passed, she scraped all of the mixture into a plastic bottle and left it in the fridge.

Bing! Bing!

That was Della's text notification. She walked over to the kitchen counter where her phone lay and saw that she had a new text message from Michael. Of course, her heart flipped about 3 times when she saw this. She instantly tapped on the screen so she could read the message.