Epilogue

1 YEAR LATER...

Desi is officially a junior in high school. Not only is she preparing to go to Clark Atlanta in the upcoming year, as an Education major but, her boyfriend, Darren will be joining her there, as well. Desi and Darren have also just recently celebrated being together for one year and my, my... It has been a rollercoaster ride. After Darren drank a whole cup of punch and Le Blanc Serpent à Sonnette without knowing, he did fall sick like Eva Marie said he would but, only for a couple of days. Desi, being the faithful girlfriend she is, stood by his side and made sure to visit him every day when she got out of school. She bought his homework and missed assignments to him, too.

Once Bri graduated from high school, it seemed as if the sisters started to branch off and do their own thing. Bri got accepted to Savannah State and is currently in her freshman year there, as a Chemistry major. Meanwhile, Toni decided to travel back to the 70's and practice shadow work with her Creole ancestors. Rez met an Italian man by the name of Frankie Apollo, who's a lawyer. He proposed to her a couple of months ago and now, Eva Marie, Jackie and Frankie's mother, Roxanne are planning their wedding. In the meantime, Rez and Frankie are also celebrating the fact that Rez is pregnant. They'll be welcoming a baby boy any day now.

Mama Red unfortunately passed away right around the time Rez and Frankie got engaged. Of course, Eva Marie and the entire family took this loss hard but they were

happy she was finally free and no longer suffering. Eva Marie even joked about it after a while and said, "At least she has her vision back now and can really watch over us." The family laughed at this as they continued to cherish their memories of her. Mama Red wanted to be cremated and have her ashes left in random parts of New Orleans that she had lived in. So, Eva Marie and the girls packed their bags and left for New Orleans for a couple of days to grant Mama Red's final request. When they came back, Jackie had decided to retire from his longtime construction job. Eva Marie made a similar decision, as well and said that once Desi graduated from high school, she would sell The Healing Center. After Eva Marie sold The Healing Center, the family would all relocate back to New Orleans and stay there.

"Ain't nothing like home," Eva Marie would randomly say, whenever she would think about how long they had until they moved, indefinitely.

Della and Lady left Atlanta for good, too. They are now currently living in New York, with Della's new boyfriend, José. Apparently, Della was cheating on Michael while they were dating and ended up pregnant by José. Desi and Lady still follow each other on social media but they don't speak. Desi has most definitely realized the true meaning of friendship. Although she and Lady aren't as close as they once were, Desi feels complete.

Meanwhile, Michael is currently single but still looking for love. Darren is always complaining to Desi about how he can't wait to leave for school next year. He's tired of seeing his dad with a different woman almost every other weekend.

"It's really sad, to be honest," Darren says, all the time.

The following week after Desi started her junior year, Rez had her baby boy. She named him after her father and Frankie; Augustin Franklin Etienne Apollo. Or Aggie, Jr and A.J., for short. All of the girls made sure they were present. Bri got one of her roommates to drive her down to Atlanta for the weekend and Toni came back from the 70's, for a while, rocking a huge afro, bell bottoms and a 'Fight the Power!' t-shirt. Desi and Darren were actually about to have sex for the first time when Eva Marie called her and told her to meet them at the hospital. When Desi and Darren got there, everybody was in the E.R., including Frankie's mother, Roxanne.

After Rez gave birth to A.J., all of the sisters and Eva Marie came into the delivery room to see him. Everyone was in awe, marveling over how precious and beautiful he was. A.J. had Frankie's greenish-hazel eyes, smooth butterscotch skin like Eva Marie and dark and reddish brown curls he inherited from Rez. As Eva Marie began to breast feed him, Toni suddenly asked Rez, "Do you think your ability will pass down to him, sis?"

Rez shrugged her shoulders, while staring into A.J.'s eyes.

"I don't know. We'll just have to see about that, one day. Huh, A.J.?" replied Rez, as she continued to stare into A.J.'s eyes and talk to him. A.J. stared back at his mother with his innocent eyes, unaware of his family's history and their future.