59

The girls leave about halfway to my room most likely having decided to question me, after I had the time to fully express my heartbreak.

There might be no sense in that but trust me sometimes you need to sob for a while before actually making sense of shit.

Either way I am silently grateful as I close the door after me immediately wrapping myself in fluffy blankets opening the ice cream tub and stabbing the spoon in it. Getting out the laptop tony had gifted me, fucking genius billionaire playboy philanthropist, and opening Netflix in search for never dying movie hits.

Finally settling for one of them I hit play and grab a hold of the ice cream spoon. And it all finally hit me, how much of an idiot I'd been, how many things I could've done to stop it from getting to this.

I should've never fallen for him! It's one thing to admire him, care for him and even love him as a fictional character I would never meet played by a far too lovable actor. And it's one completely different thing to after meeting him, his teasing ways and annoying pranks, fall into a vicious cicle of wishing for more than friendship and being terrified to act upon it.

I'd fallen and badly, the sole proof of it was my hallucinations and speculations, believe for even a few seconds that he'd actually kiss me.

He has a soulmate and I'm sure she's a badass strong woman, powerful enough to stand by his side, smart and coy always there to help with mischief...

It's not me though and it's not only that she exists it's that he's already head over heals for her! All he's ever known of her is her singing and yet he speaks of her as if she was some kind of supreme goddess to him, which she might as well be.

A mess that's what all of this is! Tears are falling once again, but all I can manage to do is stuff myself in ice cream, focus on the movie and hope to distract myself.

Not even halfway through the third episode of star wars, enjoying the burning pain of watching Padmé and Anakin's inevitable end, I hear knocking at my door. Grunting an answer I can see the three only girls of the tower walk in.

Quietly guiding them on where to sit I notice Pepper raise a brow at my choice of movie.

"Didn't exactly expect you to be watching The Revenge of the Sith, while still looking like your boyfriend just dumped you!"

Turning only my face to glare at her I must very much look like Emperor Palatine 2.0.

"How do you know so much about Star Wars, did take you for a fan?"

Very weak attempt to change the subject but I guess they just allowed me to.

"I've worked with Tony for quite a few years now, even if I didn't appreciate the saga that would've been necessary basic knowledge!"