1

Loki's pov

I sat calmly with my back against the stone white wall, book in hand yet eyes closed, listening to one of the few times my soulmate actually sang seriously.

After having listened to her singing for some time I'd come to the conclusion that my soulmate spoke many Midgardian languages like English, Spanish and French. Or perhaps she had no idea what she was saying as she sang.

The book I was reading was long forgotten as I listened to her mess around giggle from time to time. She definitely wasn't the best singer but she could stand her ground and seemed to genuinely enjoy it .

These kinds of moments were when I finally forgot all my fears and no longer dreaded meeting her. Still, I could simply not get myself to sing back, sometimes I'd hum just to let her know I existed but the possibility of her recognizing my voice for the monster I truly am...I just couldn't bear it!

She was definitely Midgardian and as such, would probably know what I'd done or who my brother was. Having someone as important as my soulmate compare me to my brother...was something I preferred not to live through.

Footsteps snapped me out of my reverie and, deciding that I wanted to keep listening to her voice, I simply put up an illusion to go speak with whoever came in my place.

As my illusion spoke to the person, I didn't bother to see who it was until my mate's beautiful singing died down and I heard my brother's voice.

"No more Illusions, brother."

I reluctantly dropped the illusion, annoyed he could still notice them, now that we were older. Leaving my book to the side, marking the page, I stood up and leisurely walked towards the energy shield that separates us.

"To what do I owe you this pleasure, brother?"

I almost spat out my last word, still resentful of the lies I'd been fed since childhood.

"I'm here to offer you a deal, one I consider to your advantage. And although my friends hold no hope in you, I still wish to trust you..."

A smirk placed itself on my lips, the Avengers needed me, what a troublesome situation.

"Get to the point Thor, I was quite comfortable reading before you appeared."

My brother's sight proved my point. They do need me, the monster who tried to conquer their planet and kill them! Now this is an interesting situation, I could so easily play with them.

"I'm offering you to come to Midgard and help us investigate on...a weird intruder-"

Before he can continue I cut him off.

"And what do I get out of this?!"

It was obvious they were going to offer me an exchange, although the plain possibility of going back to Midgard came with various advantages! Like being able to annoy tinman.

"You'll no longer be imprisoned here but on Earth and with fewer restrictions, can't explain more to you at the moment though. This said if you even try to escape brother, know I will no longer take your side!"

His words made me flinch, not like he ever did completely... Why would he? I'm the monster after all. Unworthy of a throne that should've, by all means, been mine!