52

I seriously couldn't erase the smile from my lips or stop myself from glancing at Loki's reading figure every once in a while.

This was ridiculously, I felt ridiculous! Not even in my Tom Hiddleston love of my life phase had I acted like this, though I guess he wasn't there next to me in person at the time.

I felt like melting, just closing my eyes and smiling in content. Or reaching out and moving to lay against him.

It didn't feel tense or nervous, just calm and excited. Like I new only good would come in this moment, didn't feel like jocking teasing or messing around I was just content with the current situation.

And God how complete it made me feel, just floating in a present I'm not overly excited about but feel is just right.

This hadn't ever happened to me for such a long period of time and to say I felt renewed was an understatement!

At this precise moment everything seemed to gravitate around Loki. Not in the stressful anxiety filled way, just in a silent knowledge that right now he was the most important thing in the multiverse, although I did aim to please him it was not a necessity just a want.

A sentence suddenly popped into my mind as if teasing me with a knowledge my subconscious seemed to have but I'd yet to reach.

You like him

Of course I do he's my favorite character and an amazing one at that, my friend as well now!

But I new far too well that was not the suggested meaning as the sentence kept repeating and playing on loop.

I couldn't possibly like him in that way! Perhaps I might've been slightly obsessed with him before all this...

Slightly?

But all of that had been mostly diluted into admiration when meeting him, it's not the same when he's real. Over all I found him fascinating, infuriating, amusing, interesting and an amazing company but that didn't mean anything... right?!

No, it does not, love's described like butterflies in your stomach, constant nerves and expectations of what's to come along with strong desire for the person. I did not feel any of that, excluding perhaps the last one, in a few moments of mental weakness.

I felt at ease, giddy but not nervous, excited but not anxious I just felt right. When reading in afternoon cuddled into him, when chasing after him to try and tackle him, laughing next to each other laying on the grass exhausted...it all just felt natural not though of.

Don't get me wrong I still did over think...a lot! And my anxiety was still over there playing with my nerves but during some of the best moments none of that was there it all went- I won't say silent knowing my mind that is imposible! But I will say tamer.

I heard a small laugh that gently pulled me out of my thoughts and opened my eyes to see Thor looking down at me him hands massaging my scalp as I probably had my dumbest smile.