I watch as he walks away before turning to Breo who is standing nervously in the garage. Her eyes are shut and she's holding onto her bear like crazy. I don't think Gael saw her from where she's standing- but either way I'll find out soon, gossip spreads faster than you think, even with a house full of criminals.

"You okay Bre?" I pause before walking towards her, surprising myself with the name I just called her, it just seemed natural.

She looks up at me hesitantly and nods, standing in place.

"You sure?" I ask again, walking closer so she is right in front of me.

She nods again and looks at the row of cars in front of us. "Store?" Is all she could manage to say, I guess she just wants to get going.

"Yeah store." I respond, walking over to my truck while looking back to make sure she's following me. She's been in this truck before so I thought it would make sense to go in this one.

Opening the passenger door I watch as she hops inside. Once she's seated I close the door and make my way to the other side, ignoring how much I'm cringing at myself for being so soft with her. I'm not a pussy but something about his girl makes me want to take care of her and it's fucking with me.

I start the car and slowly pull out of the driveway, noticing her looking at me.

"You alright?"

She nods and looks away quickly before looking at me again.

"You sure?" I ask again, just to make sure.

Letting go of her bear with one hand she points towards me slowly, "Seatbelt."

I laugh to myself before responding, glad she still feels safe enough to talk to me after the whole Gael hallway thing.

"It's okay I don't need one."

"Oh." Is all she could say, as a slight look of disappointment grows on her face.

I've never been in a car accident, and honestly  seatbelts are more likely to get you killed if some asshole pendejo starts shooting at your car and you can't get out.

Watching her look at me again I sigh and put my seatbelt on, loosening it as much as I can. The feeling was uncomfortable but at least I wasn't getting stares from her anymore.

"Better?" I say to her with a slight smile.

She responds with a grin "Yes better."

We hit the main road and I drive to the closest Target. The plan was to get groceries but Breo probably needs a few things, so the bigger the store, the better.

Breo's calm and slightly monotone voice interrupts my thoughts and I look towards her, before putting my eyes on the road.

"What did you say?" I ask so she can repeat herself.

"You are his boss?" She repeats what I assume she said before.

"Who, Gael?"

She looks at me with slight confusion.

"The guy from the hallway." I clarify and she nods immediately.