T W E N T Y - E I G H T

That command knocked Taehyung deeply into his omega headspace, right into place.

His wolf stilled, the world stopped spinning for just a moment, including his sobs and even his breathing.

He connected to purely and only the alpha in front of him, tumbling down back onto the bed, wanting to make himself as small as possible whilst slightly baring his neck to him like his wolf would do, an open invitation.

Everything went quiet. The worries, thoughts, everything went silent like it never had before. The only thing he picks up on are the alpha's growls, that sent shivers up his entire body, leaving goosebumps in its wake.

His heart started beating erratically, eyes wide.

That command is the most intense one submissives can possibly get, as it directly makes their wolf take over and their hard-wired nature.

The alpha smirks, a pleased snarl coming from him that again stirred Taehyung's omega back to life. That fucking tail wag.

The dominant goes to lay next to him again, scooping him up in his arms and stuffing his face into his still exposed neck.

"My omega.. Doing so good for me.
Such a good pup, submitting to me so easily. Alpha is proud of you."

Taehyung's wolf starts the purr-like sound again, causing him to shut his eyes tight. The alpha chuckles deeply, kissing his scent gland and then surprising him when he suckles on it.

"O─oh, alpha!" The omega mewls, squirming.

Jeongguk pecks it, his chapped, rough lips ghosting over the submissive's skin that has him whining out loud. He turns around to hide himself in the crook of the other's neck, too shy and still too ashamed to ever look at him again.

"Omega, go to sleep. Our wolves need to heal from the withdrawal. So do we."

Taehyung couldn't disagree even if he wanted to, so he nods and closes his eyes, smiling since the last thing he takes in is the scent of the alpha's previously depressed pheromones spiking up sweeter, the familiar basking-in-pride and happiness slowly seeping back.

He missed him.

He missed this.

And now that he submitted, his wolf can officially call the other his alpha─ something Taehyung couldn't do just yet, because he wasn't marked yet, and he needed to think a lot of things through. He needed to come to acceptance, to peace with all of this.

His wolf was already a few steps ahead of him, a few chapters farther ahead. But Taehyung knows, since he made the decision to step foot inside the cabin again, it wouldn't take long before they were on the same page.

────

Stirring around, the first thing Taehyung notices is Jeongguk's nose buried deep within his hair, taking deep breaths.

His arms were wrapped around him tightly, never letting go.

The wolf within him sighs blissfully, finally feeling at peace again. Taehyung still can't wrap his head around the fact that the alpha is so different from all the other dominants he knows, has treated him so well, and yet, running away from him is how he repaid him and his actions.

Ungratefulness at its finest.

But, now that he slowly looks up to see more of the dominant, his lips tug up in determination to make up for his wrongdoings. He'll become the best omega for this alpha, ever.

He'll do anything the other desires, even willing to go as far as changing his appearance or adjusting his characteristics.

He wants nothing more than the alpha to he proud of him, admire him and stare fondly at him like he did back then. He won't ever take his behaviour and treatment for granted ever again.

He'll show his how grateful he is every day, going to try his utter best to become perfect.

Only then, he'll be good enough for him.

Taehyung sighs at his wolf's thoughts, his insides churning at the feeling it's partly right. Not everything, but some of it.

He shyly cranes his neck, pressing his lips to Jeongguk's warm skin of his neck in a chaste peck.

He knows the alpha must've been disappointed with him, knowing he was the one to continually make the first moves. Back then, Taehyung had his 'reason' for distancing himself the best he could. But now, he'll reciprocate, wanting to take in more of the alpha's content sounds and scents.

He shifts a little more upwards, now daring to nose at his scent gland knowing the other was asleep. He just wanted to get rid of his lasts bits of sadness, covering them with his own scent knowing the alpha would like it.

Rubbing his head softly against the other's chest, he felt his wolf contentedly exhale. Suddenly he becomes aware of his actions and he goes red, stopping.

"Why'd you stop, darling?"

Freezing after ducking his head in his fur coat to hide himself away, he slides downwards, turning around so the alpha would only see his back.

Jeongguk chuckles, extending his arm and wrapping it around his omega's waist to pull him in flush against his chest.

"You're adorable, Taehyung."

The omega just shuffles closer to the male, shying away completely. A few minutes of silence engulfed them, when he peeked out of the coat and sighs.

"I'm sorry again, alpha. I want you to know that. I really am. And I don't think I'll be able to stop apologising any time soon. I feel terrible."

Jeongguk's brows furrowed. His wolf gnaws at his insides at the memory of wanting to make sure the other was doing okay, since the shower and faucet back then had been running for way too long. He had picked up on the male leaving his arms, but he didn't think much about it after hearing the water start to flow.

Once he got downstairs the only thing he could feel was his adrenaline coursing through his veins, after seeing the broken window that allowed a cold breeze inside. His wolf had immediately noticed the scent of blood, scared to death about the well-being of its mate and realising something might've happened as to why he ran off.

But once he realised the omega left him because he didn't want him, he drowned in sorrow in his bed, unable to function.

"Pup, why'd you leave me?"