T H I R T Y - T W O

Taehyung cries out in pain the moment he wakes up. His head is killing him, his abdomen feels entirely bruised and painful out of this world.

Where is he?

Glancing around, the only things he sees are trees and more trees. He doesn't know in which territory they are, but in any case it can not be good.

His arms are tied behind his back, even his feet are restricted. His lips wobble, eyes big as he frantically tries to get out of the restraints.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." Namjoon squatted down in front of him, smirking at him.

"Why are you doing this? Please let me go.." He whispers faintly.

"We are doing this because that arrogant pure blood didn't keep his part of the deal. Nothing personal, sweetcheeks, so once we've killed you, don't take it to heart."

Taehyung shakes his head, his blonde locks falling in front of his eyes as he starts panicking.

"N─no, please! I don't want to die.. please let me go!"

The dominant scoffed, standing back up.

"Seokjin?" He calls out, grabbing something from the other's hands once he appeared.

"Drink this, Taehyung." The male looks down, not wanting to drink whatever it is. It smells terrible and it can't be any good.

"I said, drink."

The omega whimpered, obeying. Once it entered his system, he could feel his entire insides burning and twisting. He cries, tears starting to stream down his cheeks.

"W─what.."

"We can leave him here. The herbs will kill him sooner or later. No one will find him." The man, Seokjin, glanced at Namjoon and nodded.

"Alright. Hope he learned his lesson. Fucking pure blood." He grumbled, scoffing. 

It didn't take long before those two disappeared out of sight, leaving Taehyung to choke on his tears.

He tried to mind link the alpha, but for some reason he couldn't. He didn't receive anything either, so he assumes the herbs are already taking their toll on his body.

He shuffles upwards, his back scraping  along the tree as he does that, his shirt ruffling up. His flesh burns at the action. He whimpers, trying to pry his wrists loose.

When that didn't work, he tried his best to kick his feet apart─ but with every move he made, he felt himself getting weaker and weaker.

Eventually he drops back to the ground, defeated. Sweat beads roll down his forehead. He feels incredibly dizzy, blood rushing down.

Suddenly bending a little forward, he coughs, puking up whatever the unknown men gave him to drink.

For a second he felt a little better; but then he realised that whatever it was, has already made him sick. His throat started burning profusely, he gasps for oxygen.

His eyes widened frantically once he sees blood starting to drip down from the corner of his mouth, small droplets reaching the soil.

"No.. Don' wanna die.." He whispers out in pain, tears rolling down his hot cheeks.
His body feels like it's on fire, but not the good kind.

How long until he takes his final breath?

And what the hell did those wolves mean with 'The pure blood didn't keep his part of the deal?' What deal?

He coughs again, blood spluttering out to his horror, reaching a few green plants in front of him.

────

Jeongguk was smiling as he stepped out of the cabin, closing the door behind him. After informing Taehyung he was going to be out for a little while, he shifts into his wolf and takes off, wanting to prepare a surprise for him he's sure he'd love.

However, after around an hour, his paws grip the ground when he heard his omega call out to him in fear.

Not wasting another second, he turns into the opposite direction and starts running as fast as he possibly can, trying to think of what was happening.

His omega was scared. Are there two wolves in the cabin? Is that what he tried to say? And what happened that made him unable to finish his sentence?

He growls loudly, scared to death of losing his precious one.

He tries to reach him through the mind link again and again, but the fact that he wasn't getting any responses made him terrified. Was he too late? What if something terrible has happened to him?

Once the cabin finally got back in sight, he dashes forward still in his wolf form, heart palpitating at the wide-open door and the scents that lingered around, Taehyung's highly distressed scent the worst of all.

No.

He picks up quickly on the other two scents, if he were to he in his human form his face would've drained from all colour.

No. Not them.

He runs through the door clumsily, nails scratching and damaging the wooden floor. He knocks over a few things in the process with his tail, his wolf too big for a human-sized home.

Running back outside, his nose is planted to the ground as he sniffs out which direction they went off to.

It didn't take long before he figured it out, but he has no idea how long it would take to get to where they took Taehyung. He could only pray he's going to be on time.

What if he's too late?

He jumps over a small creek, dodging a few trees whilst following their scents.

The nearer he got, the more prominent the smell of wolfsbane got.

No.

His wolf whimpered at it, not wanting to see what he was bound to see─ again, what if he's too late?

After another set of ten minutes, his chest was heaving up and down rapidly, eyes big as he gallops towards his mate.

He shifts back after making sure no one other than them was around, running towards Taehyung.

"Taehyung! No, no, no! Wake up! Pup, please wake up!" He shakes his body, feeling how drenched he is in his own sweat.

Jeongguk's breath hitches taking in all of the blood that surrounds him, the pale, tear-stained face and lifeless body.

He unties the male immediately, lifting him up and running back towards the small creek he jumped over.

Gently placing him next to the water, he cups his hands and pours some over his face, trying to lessen the fever. His heart is still beating, luckily, but it's just a matter of time if nothing happens quick.

He repeats the process a few times, trying to heal him in any way he can think of. But what is there for him to do? He's a rogue─ the boy clearly needs a pack's healer.

"Fuck!" He curses, throwing a stone against a tree and watching as it creates a big dent at the force.

"Taehyung, pup, please wake up.." He kneels down next to him, caressing his face, trying to gently shake him back into conciousness.