T W E N T Y - T H R E E

He groans softly, hope flowing out of his veins.

Nothing. Not a single hint of a small metallic anyhere. He searched through every drawer, under every single object─ literally all possible places he could think of.

It only means one thing. The alpha has the keys with him.

But there is no way he can go back upstairs. The male will wake up as soon as he tries to search for them, plus he's running out of time.

So, he takes a very deep breath, looking down at the pillow and hammer he found in his hands instead.

Pressing the pillow against the window, he raises the hammer─ his hand vigorously shaking due to his nerves.

Using his strength but not too much, he hits down on the pillow; hoping that the glass will shatter right underneath it, the pillow somewhat muffling the sounds and preventing the pieces from entering his eyes.

He hits again, his breathing ragged.
One last time, and the glass indeed does shatter, the pillow not muffling all of it but surely doing something.

He grabs a chair and maneuvers himself out of the window, hissing in pain when a piece cuts his leg and blood starts to drip down.

He shifts immediately once he's outside; holding his clothes between his jaws, sliding himself under the fur coat so it will stay on top of him whilst he runs.

<Jiminie, I did it, I'm outside! I'll be heading north, please find me quickly, I'm scared!

His best friend responds immediately, telling him they're on their way.

Taehyung takes a few strides, adrenaline pumping through him wildly.

But, he stops in his tracks. He glances back once more, the sight of the cabin now forever imprinted on his mind in the silent hours of the dark and cold night.

His wolf almost cries, whimpering again and again. It doesn't want to leave it's mate; especially not all alone. It keeps chanting its alpha will be lonely.

Taehyung has to fight himself, pushing through in order to maintain in full control. He continues to run, farther and farther─ praying that the alpha isn't awake and right on his tail.

He can only hope his wolf didn't pick up on the sound of Taehyung's omega crying out, full on alarmed.

His legs start to ache after running what feels like forever, the heavy coat on top of him draining him out more and quicker than normal.

>Tae! Yoongi managed to pick up on your scent! Are you bleeding?! It's the only way he can smell you..

<I cut myself in my human form on glass, I'll be fine. My wolf side will heal me quicker. Thank the moon goddess he can smell me! I'm impressed, isn't he a beta?

>Tae, blood can be picked up on from miles away, depending on the rank.. I can't smell anything yet, Yoongi only a little. It's faint he says, but it's there. Alpha's will be able to locate you within a few minutes, pure bloods...

Jimin doesn't finish his own sentence. No matter his paws ached, Taehyung speeds up even more─ he has to. Jimin is right. Jeongguk will be able to find him in a heart beat.

"TAE!" The sudden loud exclamation from ahead of him in the distance makes his ears peak up.

Suddenly his wolf topples to the ground, the familiar scent of his best friend whom he has missed so much engulfing him.
Two arms almost strangle his wolf to death by a mere hug.