N I N E

When Taehyung wakes up the next morning, he can't seem to get out of bed. Staring blankly at the ceiling, memories of last night flood back in.

This is it.

He feels lost.

He fears what is waiting ahead of him.

Normally, he would go day in, day out, hating dominants with his entire soul and being. But now there he is, seemingly claimed by a rare pure blood ─that is his luck─ that now has every bit of control over his life if he wants to.

Taehyung groans out, hating his wolf to the fullest.

Why does his omega seem to disagree with him so much?

The blonde understands that a part of him wants nothing more than to experience love. But why does it have to be like this? He doubts he's going to experience such a thing with the pure blood. He's a killer, only wanting control.

He hates the world he lives in.

He never wanted this.

But he can never say that out loud, that'll be his end.

He reluctantly drags himself out of bed, deciding to head over to Jimin's place to eat breakfast together.

Thirty minutes later he strolled towards the place he calls his third home, when two people passed him. They were discussing something and Taehyung couldn't help but to listen to their conversation as they went.

"That one omega that returned screaming on the first day of the event was your cousin?! Damn dude, sorry to hear that." One of them said, making the blonde stop in his tracks.

"It's alright, it was his choice anyways. He knew what the consequences could be. Still don't know what exactly happened, though. He was attacked, passed away due to blood loss. The last few words he apparently had said were something like 'there's someone out there, unknown scent.' It's wierd, I know."

Their conversation went on and Taehyung's face paled.

His gut had this feeling about what happened. He could take a guess.

He saw the submissive, he witnessed it with his own eyes that day. Back then, he had no idea what it could've been.

But now he knows who it was.

It has to be. The rumour appeared to be true, after all.

A shiver went down the omega's spine as he thought about it. He tried his best to put his mind at ease and think other, happier thoughts, for example eating breakfast with his best friend, who is now in a very happy relationship with his mate.

Yes. He would solely focus on that. Seeing his best friend happy, makes him happy.
And with that, he pushed his omega's envy down.

He knocks on their door and like expected, the beta opened it.

"Taehyung! Come on in."

────

While they ate, the vivid memory of that submissive on the first day of the event, surrounded in a pool of his own blood, appeared back right before Taehyung's eyes.

Suddenly his meal didn't seem that appetising anymore, the red sauce now reminding him of something he didn't want to be reminded of.

Taehyung doesn't want this.

He began panicking inside, realisation and fright really starting to kick in. It is getting real now. In his mind the word 'no' kept on repeating itself like a mantra, he even accidentally dropped his fork.

"Tae, are you alright?" Jimin put his hand carefully on his best friend's shoulder, a worried look in his eyes since he noticed the other's odd behaviour.

The blonde omega looked up after picking up his cutlery from the floor, not glancing back into Jimin's eyes longer than a mere second. He simply nodded, clearing his throat.

"Thank you guys for this morning. The breakfast was lovely, by the way. I should get going."

Without any other words he stands up and pushes his chair back, his mind so occupied by wanting to get away from the pure blood alpha, his mind got hazy.

It was when he heard a loud 'bang' he came to the conclusion he had whipped the chair over, right onto the floor in his rush.

He froze.

Jimin glanced at Yoongi who is just as confused as him. The omega steps forward, lifting the chair back up and he once again tried to put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Tae─"

"─I'm fine! S─sorry for that little accident. I should get going. Goodbye guys."

He rushed the words out and himself right after, accidentally slamming the door shut.

He curses at himself.

He doesn't want the others to worry. But his behaviour was so strange and unlike him, he wouldn't be surprised if they were now doing just exactly that.

He sighs, speed-walking back towards his own four walls and a roof.

Staring at the ground and getting lost in his own thoughts, before he knew it, he bumped into someone.

The person dropped a basket full of apples.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Let me help you." Taehyung quickly apologised, bending down to pick them up and place them in the basket again.

Grabbing the last one, he bit on his bottom lip nervously.

Blood red apples.

He stands up, dashing away.

Looking around, his eyes only seem to pick up on everything and anything that is red.

Red flowers, red decor, red drying clothes and his mind didn't take long before it imagined red blood forming puddles and red shining eyes.

Red, red, red, r─

"Fuck!" The omega slid down his door once he stepped foot in his house, hugging his knees close to his chest while shaking violently.

All those submissive wolves that either came back dead covered in blood or never came back at all, were killed by him.

The pure blood.

The alpha named JK, the wolf who pounced on the omega when he was forced into the event, proceeding to command him to do it over and over again.

Because he enjoys the hunt.

He enjoys stalking his prey, he enjoys the satisfaction of having the submissive down on the ground for him.

>Tae, are you sure you're okay? You didn't seem like it. Talk to me.

No. Not even remotely.

<I'm fine, Jiminie. Thank you for worrying about me. But you don't have to, okay?

But of course, Jimin knows better than that. He's all too aware of how his best friend must be struggling like hell right now, because of his latest experiences.

They exchanged a few more words through the mind link and before Taehyung knew it, he was sobbing.

He doesn't know how to get out of this situation.

The fiesty omega who normally would bite back the best he could, for once doesn't know how to.

He feels like he is muzzled.