S I X T E E N

"Taehyung, come here for a second."

At the sound of the alpha, the male peeks his head around the corner. He does as asked, standing in front of him curiously.

"Come help me with preparing the food. Start cutting the vegetables, I'll cut the meat."

JK knows exactly what he's doing. He bites on his lip, trying to keep himself from smiling. It's strange, since he wants to be the provider; but for now he wants nothing more than to continue with his little plans. He figures that when the bonding process is fully complete, he can go back to doing that.

"Alright, alpha." Taehyung proceeds to walk towards the counter, starting to do as instructed. They worked in silence for a small while, the only sounds being the knives cutting. That is, until JK speaks up.

"Tell me about yourself, Taehyung." The omega stops, nibbling on his bottom lip. He turns around, staring at the other's back.

"W─well my full name is Kim Taehyung, I'm nineteen years old. I love little pups, I used to spend time with them often. Also with my bestest friend, until he found his mate, so I saw him a little less. My pack is very traditional, so I was always left wondering what it's like to go hunting, for example. Also what it's like to have a m─"

He stops himself there, not wanting to get too close. His plan is to escape, after all.

"A─anyways, what about you, alpha?"

The other stiffens a little, but speaks up nonetheless.

"My full name is Jeon Jeongguk," He starts with, surprising Taehyung.

"Jeongguk.." He whispers, trying it out on his tongue. It rolled off so easily, so..

The alpha turns around, facing him. He smirks, cocking his head to the side.

"I'm twenty-two years old. As you know, I'm a pure blood and a rogue. I don't know what it's like to have a pack, neither have I ever got to know my parents. My mother birthing me was purely an accident, I believe. Nothing more than the result of a one night stand, is what I think,"

Taehyung's eyes slightly widen, heart feeling like it got squeezed lightly. So the other has been living all alone for his entire life?

"I grew up in this cabin. I like it here. I've never really had the desire to join a pack. They don't want me, you know why. Ever since I turned eighteen, I've been searching for my mate. That's when I stumbled across your pack and their event,"

The omega nods, looking a little more down. Right. The killings, the blood, all the dead or never-returned submissives─

"Never did any submissive interest me. But when I picked up on your scent, my wolf just knew."

Taehyung's breath hitches when the alpha stepped closer, caging him between his arms and the counter. He could feel his warm breath fanning his skin, that's how close he was.

"You're mine, Kim Taehyung. Your wolf belongs to mine and you belong to me. We're destined,"

The younger's veins started to burn within him, itching. His brows furrowed, the words ticking him off.

He doesn't want to belong to a dominant. He doesn't want to be claimed; treated wrongly. It's still his biggest fear.

His wolf, however, thinks entirely different about the situation. For it could only swoon, shyly and excitedly prawning around inside of him.

His chin is lifted upwards with one finger, their gazes locking. Taehyung whimpers, squirming around.

The black locks, intense stare, cocky smirk and his entire aura and scent weakened him. It shakes him to his core, grounding him in an odd way. It's as if he feels safer than ever, yet all he wants is to get away.

"And now after twenty-two years, this isn't my home anymore. It's yours, and you're mine. I'll do everything in my power to keep you safe and happy, I promise you that."

Taehyung stands there at loss of words. How can he say those things to him? His heart hammers rapidly in his chest, a blush spreading on his cheeks. His wolf chants inside of him, knowing in utter happiness that his mate won't be lonely anymore now that he has him.

He himself, just stares, his own reflection in the other's orbs making him look away bashfully.

The alpha comes closer, hands placing themselves onto his waist and pulling him in, his head now resting on his shoulder in the crook of his neck.

"Alpha will take care of you, omega.
Let me."

Taehyung bites back another small purr from his wolf, almost choking on his whimpers. He takes in deep breaths of the other's scent that leaves him wobbling on his legs, also caused by the alpha voice.

He grabs the end of the other's shirt tightly, trying to keep himself upright when the alpha started to release even more clouding pheromones, a deep growl rumbling in his chest. It shot tingles up his entire body, whimpers leaving his throat.

Not being able to take it anymore, he turns around, trying to distract himself by continuing to cut the vegetables.

His hands were trembling, insides twisting and so did his conflicting thoughts and feelings. He felt like crying at the sudden overwhelming emotions, not knowing what to feel right now.

Jeongguk presses himself flush against his back, arms still on either side of him. The rumble continues, reverberating throughout his entire being.

"Such a good omega for me, pup," He whispers out, nosing his scent gland that leaves him visibly shaking.

"You're doing so good for me. Following my orders so obediently,"

The wolf within Taehyung purrs loudly, ecstatic to receive such praises. The alpha chuckles deeply upon hearing it, creating goosebumps on the submissive's skin.

When the other ghosts his lips onto his scent gland in a chaste peck, his wolf goes insane but so did Taehyung.

He panics, suddenly feeling terrible. Everything was too much. Too quick, too much, too soon, just too many stimulations at once. Just too much.

Jeongguk who smells his sudden distressed pheromones frowns, takes a small step back. Did he go too far? But it felt so right. His wolf even purred, didn't that mean that he did well?

But the sight of Taehyung running away from him and dashing upstairs, makes him reconsider.

The wolf within him whines, feeling heartbroken at the rejection.