E I G H T E E N

Taehyung feels like he can't breathe.

Ever since he woke up from that nap on the couch, he's been feeling even more disoriented and confused than ever before. And he genuinely didn't think it could get worse, yet there he is.

They ate together, but afterwards the omega dashed upstairs. Since the spare room is locked, he had no other choice but to enter Jeongguk's.

Locking it behind him, he frantically started pacing around, tugging on his hair. The alpha really wasn't lying when he said he is going to be all over him for the coming weeks. It's been three days already, and in all those hours he has been alone for ten minutes only.

It makes him feel suffocated. He doesn't want this. He never has. Even though the alpha hasn't been treating him terrible, he just can't buy it. His behaviour must be a facade, the real him will pop up after he's officially marked. Taehyung is sure of it.

After all, the pure blood has killed lots of innocent lives. He has so much blood on his hands, how can he be this different towards him?

How can he be this different from all the other dominants he knows, in general? He's acting completely different.

Letting the omega hunt? Letting him scent him back? The praises? The wolf behaviour even in human form? His words? His actions?

It just doesn't sum up to Taehyung. He refuses to believe it. It's too good to be true. Jeongguk is too good to be true.

It's starting to get late again and after today, he'll only have three more days to escape. Just three. If he doesn't succeed, he'll be stuck here. Forever. Away from his family, his best friend, his entire pack.

He clouds the bedroom with his distressed pheromones, whimpering out. His wolf becomes more present, as he goes to the bed and tries to bury himself under the blanket, stirring around restlessly.

Inhaling deeply in order to try to calm himself down, he takes a giant whiff of Jeongguk's scent. Starting to calm somewhat down ─but it wasn't because of his scent, no, absolutely not, stupid wolf─ he wanted nothing more than to nest.

But he doesn't have any material. Normally he would use Jimin's clothes, but due obvious reasons that wasn't going to happen this time around. Literally everything present in this cabin smells like the alpha.

He stands up, jogging over to the closet. Peeking in, his eyes land onto his own clothes. Immediately reaching for them, he brings them to his nose; inhaling very, very faint familiar scents.

Strangely however, instead of that calming him down, it did the complete opposite. He whimpers, throwing them back to where they came from.

His wolf takes over him, already reaching for every single shirt the alpha owns and taking it back with him to the bed.

He starts arranging them as he pleases, bombing himself in the dominant's scent. His wolf wags its tail in utter content, a small purr erupting from his throat.

Rubbing around in them, he stirrs a bit before finally getting comfortable, all up in his omega nature and mindset.

What he doesn't know, is that the reason his emotions and thoughts are such a whirlwind right now, is because of the fact his wolf is already starting to accept Jeongguk as their alpha and totally disregards the pack.

Taehyung obviously doesn't want that to happen, so he's subconsciously continually fighting himself, creating his own panic attacks by doing so.

"Taehyung? Are you okay?"

The sound of the alpha outside of the door makes him stir again. He just hums, absent-mindedly. He vaguely picks up on the sound of Jeongguk wanting to open the door, but not being able to.

This causes Jeongguk's alpha to stand-by alert, not liking it one bit that his omega locked him out. That can't happen; he needs to be around him 24/7, especially during the first week if he wants the bonding process to go well.

"Taehyung, open the door." He commands, trying to keep himself composed.

No reaction.

"Open the door, omega." He tries again, but to avail. His wolf growls deeply, eyes flickering to red.

"Open the door, Taehyung."

He hears whimpers coming from the inside, footsteps now nearing the door. It doesn't take long before the door is unlocked, so he hastily opens it.

He didn't know what to expect, but it certainly wasn't the sight of the omega nesting with his clothes on his bed, stirring around in them.

His anger immediately dissipates, his wolf basking in pride instead. He stands there staring, highly aware of the fact that nesting is very important to an omega.

It's every dominant's dream to be allowed inside the nest, Jeongguk is no different in this case.

He nervously walks closer, tilting his head curiously. He wants to so bad; but he knows there is no way Taehyung will allow him.

If he does, it would mean he and his wolf fully accept him as his alpha─ and Jeongguk knows it's still too early for that, sadly.

But then he starts thinking. What caused Taehyung to suddenly nest? It's definitely not his heat yet; he can smell such a thing coming from miles away.

But he answers his own question when he inhales.

His wolf claws within him, wanting nothing more than to pull the omega close and comfort him, get him relaxed.

But Jeongguk sighs, knowing he's probably the reason why the omega is doing this in the first place.

Doesn't Taehyung want him as his mate?

His mood suddenly crumbles. The pure blood only begins feeling worse and worse as he stands there by the omega's side, wanting to watch over him still, in case he's needed.

He bites his lip, never in his life has he felt this vulnerable before.

Throughout these three days, he's been the one to initiate first moves. Maybe Taehyung wants to be respectful, so he holds himself back. But Jeongguk can't fool himself; the omega's body language told him more than enough.

He just can't seem to figure out why the omega decided to join the event if he doesn't want a mate. Is that what it is? But they're destined to be together.
Or does he just not like Jeongguk?
Is he doing something wrong?

He bites on his tongue, needing to look elsewhere. The thoughts only began getting more and more terrible, he hurt his own feelings by thinking about it.

He tries to think of the positive things; like the omega cuddled up on top of him, scenting him back, his proud eyes when he caught the deer and his reactions to Jeongguk's praises.

He sighs again, slumping down next to the bed.

He reckons Taehyung must be feeling terrible about losing his pack. Or, about to. And he wants nothing more than to be able to open all the windows and never lock any doors, wanting to give his omega his freedom.

But he knows, if he does that, Taehyung will take the freedom and use it to run, abandoning him just like his parents did.

And he doesn't want to experience the loss of his other half, ever. The mere consideration of it hurt his entire being way too much already. 

So for now, he swallows back the guilt about that, knowing that once they're officially bonded it won't have to be like this anymore.

With that thought, he stood up and left the omega to sleep peacefully; gathering all the knowledge he has about submissives and making a new plan in his head in order to get Taehyung to like him back.