Chapter 43

My head throbs as my heavy eyelids blink open. Soon as I try to sit up, a sharp pain tingles on the back of my head.

"Fuck," I mumble while rubbing my head.

As my fingers run through my hair, they poke on an area that makes me flinch," Ouch, what the hell?"

I feel around the area again to find that it's covered by a bandage.

'What the hell happened? '

I try my best to think of a time when I put this bandage on, but nothing comes up. My head only throbs in pain causing me to groan. I look around to find James but he's nowhere to be found.

Now that I'm getting a good view of my surroundings, I notice that I'm no longer in the room I was in before falling asleep. Not only am I in a different room but I'm also wearing clothes that are too big for me, they must be James's.

Just as I try to get out of bed, the room door creaks open.

James enters the room with a grim look on his face. He had on a white short sleeve shirt and black sweatpants. He looks to the bed and jolts when he sees me.

"August, you're finally awake," he says surprisingly like he wasn't expecting for me to be.

I look to the clock on the nightstand beside me and see that it reads twelve in the afternoon. 'Why was I sleeping for so long? '

"Why are we in a new room? What happened last night?"

He walks over to the bed with his hands in his pockets.

"The wound on your head got infected and caused you to pass out yesterday. I was worried sick, so I went to go ask Angus for help."

I pull the dark lavender bed sheets back over my body as I realize the state he must've saw me in.

James takes a seat next to me and reassured me that Angus was too concerned to even care about how I looked.

"We cleaned your wound and let you get your rest so you should be feeling better soon. "

"Why didn't he just take me to a doctor? What if it gets worse?"

He scoots closer and wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a side hug. I rest my head on his chest as he caresses my arm.

"Maybe he thought that your injury wasn't that serious to send you to the hospital," hearing this, I start to relax. That is until he continues to say," Besides we fuck without protection all the time, so a little head injury won't hurt anyone."

I pull out of his embrace with a timid look.

"Just joking," he squeezes one of my shoulders as he stands up.

"Hungry? Let's go eat."

As I try to get out of bed, my head throbs painfully making me feel dizzy.

"Can you give me a hand?" I ask while pulling my covers off me. James looks a bit worried but doesn't say anything. He only crouches down in front of me with his back facing me.

Confused, I ask," What are you doing?"

"Hop on."

"Is this really necessary?" I groan.

"Just come on," he says impatiently.

I roll my eyes and let out a loud sigh as I slowly crawl out of bed. I wrap my arms around his neck and lean my body on his back. He separates my legs and holds the back of my thighs as he stands up straight. My body bounces as he adjusts my position.