28. You're under arrest

Start from the beginning

Well harmless to me.

His smile falls after a bit.

"Shit Genesis I'm sorry....I bought him to the house, he was my friend and I trusted him and he did that to you...I'm sorry. it's my fault." he closes his eyes and runs his hands down his face.

I slap him in the arm "It's not your fault alright? Like you said you trusted him, you didn't know he would do that"

He opens his eyes and glares ahead, I know he doesn't believe me and will spend the rest of the day beating himself up over it.

When the elevator doors slide open, I grab his arm "Come on, let's go watch a movie and get fat"

____

I'm awoken to someone shaking me softly and I groan.

"Gen" I hear a whisper and I peel one eye open.

Zachariah is sitting next to my laid down body and I look to the side and see Graham standing at the entrance of the living room.

I must have fallen asleep on the couch watching a movie with Xander.

I look to the other couch and see him sleeping as well.

It's dark out now.

Zach and Graham must have only just gotten back now.

"Yeah" I say tiredly, rubbing the sleep out of my eye.

"We don't think you're weak, sweetheart. You were scared and you had every right to be. I allowed that little prick into our home and I'll regret that forever, I failed at protecting you again and I'm so sorry you had to through something like that"

Zach says in all one breath, pain and sadness in his voice.

I gulp down the lump in my throat.

I hate how they all blame themselves.

They always think it's their fault and it makes me annoyed and feel guilty.

I sigh tiredly "it's okay Zach, stop apologizing for everything"

"I won't stop. I keep failing at protecting you and I'm so sorry"

But I should be able to protect myself.

But I was too weak and that needs to change.

"Get some sleep, sweetheart" he whispered before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

He stands and leaves the room.

Graham then comes over to me and leans down, kissing my forehead as well.

"You broke your promise, about coming to me when someone would hurt you" he whispers, voice deep and grumbling.

I gulp and look down at my hands.

"I'm sorry" I cant help as my lip lifts at his sad grumbling face.

His face softens and he pushes my hair behind my ear "Goodnight, Gen"

He then leaves too.