Chapter 50. Reality Sucks

Santa found himself in a very depressing office, back again looking like Scott Calvin. He stared in the mirror. "Oh, no." Santa muttered.

"Ok, so, the Mississippi factory needs to know if we want them to ship 100,000 units or 200,000." A man said, causing Scott to turn around and snap out of his thoughts. The man thought for a second. "They won't ship tomorrow, because it's Christmas." The man said. "But they will ship Thursday which means-"

Scott couldn't really understand what the man was saying, so he cut him off. "Excuse me?" Scott questioned. "You said they're not going to ship tomorrow because it is Christmas?"

The man nodded. "Yes, sir." The man looked up.

"This is Christmas eve?"

The man sighed and nodded. "Yes, sir."

"What are you doing?" Scott questioned, walking over to a window that overlooked the city. "Why are we working?" Scott turned around.

The man stared at him like he just ate a bowl of dirt. "W-we always work on Christmas eve."

Scott stared at him like he ate a bowl as well. "We do?"

"Of course!"

Scott scoffed. "Well, that...that's ridiculous." Scott crossed his arms, seeming annoyed. "Christmas eve is when you spend time with your family...where's my family tonight?" Scott asked.

"I really don't know, Mr Calvin." The man seemed fed-up.

"What do you mean?"

The man looked at his feet. "Well, you rarely see them, and you...and you don't mention them.

Scott's face fell. "Where are my car keys?!"