Chapter 21

Rowan's P.O.V

The room is very tight. Straight across from the door is the bed which Gabrielle is laying on, her back to us.

"Gabrielle?" I say softly.

She slowly turns to us and her eyes grow wide once she sees us.

"Rowan! Sabrina!" She says, getting out of the bed, obviously in pain.

"It's okay Gabrielle. You stay there." Sabrina says and we walk over to her. We give her hugs, trying not to squeeze too tight.

"Listen Gabrielle." I say. "Sabrina is going to help you pack. I'm going to talk to Mom. Don't worry, you'll be coming home with us. We'll explain more later. Is that okay?"

Gabrielle nods. "Yeah."

"Okay, well I'm going to talk to mom.

"Good luck." Sabrina says.

I walk out of the room, closing the door behind me. I sit back down on the old couch, facing Mom in a chair.

"So...Mom... You've changed." I say.

"Yes I have. Guess what?"

"What?"

"You are going to have two younger brothers!"

Two?

"Two? You're not planning on raising them yourself...are you?"

"Of course I am! Why would you say something like that?"

"Because you are abusing the daughter you are raising as it is! She's only 12 mom! You have no right to do what you are doing to her!"

"What...H-How do you know?" Mom says in shock.

"Gabrielle called me earlier today!When you walked in on her using the phone!"

"That was you? Oh Rowan..."

"Don't even talk to me. You are a monster! You shouldn't have Gabrielle living with you and you won't! She's coming with us!"

Sabrina and Gabrielle come out of Gabrielle's room, each with one suitcase in hand.

"Ready guys?" I ask.

They nod their heads and the three of us walk to the door. I open it and allow Gabrielle and Sabrina to walk through. I follow and slam the door shut behind me.

The three of us walk back to the car. My dad runs out of the car and goes to hug Gabrielle when she puts a hand out, stopping him.

"Wh-" Dad starts to question.

"Pain. Hurts." Gabrielle responds, mumbling.

"Should we take her to a hospital?" Sabrina asks.

"Gabrielle? It's up to you." I tell Gabrielle.

She nods.

"Okay. Everyone in!" My dad says getting into the drivers seat. We all pile into the backseat of the car. Gabrielle sits between Sabrina and I. Dad starts driving towards the hospital, which happens to be across the street from the airport.

~15 minutes later~

Dad drives to the emergency area in the hospital parking lot. He pulls infront of the doorway to let Gabrielle, Sabrina, and I out closer to the door.

"Bring Gabrielle inside. I'll be right there after I park the car." Dad instructs.

"Got it Mr.Blanchard." Sabrina responds.

Gabrielle, Sabrina, and I get out of the car and Dad drives off to park.

I notice Gabrielle is limping really badly. "Gabrielle, do you want me to get you a wheelchair?" I ask.

She nods her head yes. I go through the doors and to my left is a bunch of wheelchairs. I take the one nearest to me and wheel it over to the emergency entrance doors, where Gabrielle and Sabina were just now entering. Gabrielle sits in the wheelchair and I wheel her into the hospital.

Sabrina, Gabrielle, and I come across the emergency room reception desk. We walk and wheel up to it.

"How may I help you?" The man behind the desk asks us.

"My sister has been getting abused by our mom and we want to make sure she's okay." I respond.

He types something onto the computer in front of him. "How long has she been abused?"

"How long Gabrelle?" I ask my sister.

"Week." She says weakly.

"About a week." I say incase the man didn't hear Gabrielle.

"Okay, we're going to run some tests. You two lovely ladies can wait in the waiting area until we are finished."

"Okay. Thank you." Sabrina and I say at the same time. We look at each other and smile a faint smile.

The man who was behind the desk got up and started wheeling my sister through more doors, I'm guessing to where they run the tests.

Sabrina and I go sit in the waiting room. I see my dad running over to us. Once he get's to us, we tell him what's going on. He nods and sits down next to me.

Now we just wait.