Chapter 14

Peyton's P.O.V

I hang up on Corey and turn around in a vacant parking lot.

How could I be so stupid! I should've told Rowan it wasn't my idea! Not freaked out on her! She must be so mad at me!

I look down at my phone to see if she texted me. From there, it all goes dark.

Rowan's P.O.V

Sabrina left 2 hours ago when I get a text from Corey.

C- Come to hospital asap. Peyton's hurt. Will explain later.

What?!?

R- On my way

I get in the car as fast as I can and start driving. I call Sabrina from the car phone speaker.

S-Rowan! Did you hear...

R-Yeah I heard. Want me to pick you up?

S-Sure. I'll meet you outside my door.

R-Already there.

S-Okay. Be down in one minute.

I hang up and wait for her outside my house. Once she's in the car, I start driving.

Corey's P.O.V

Peyton's mom called me when she heard about Peyton's accident and I told her I would call Sabrina and Rowan.

Peyton's mom was pacing around the waiting room, waiting to hear about Peyton. I can't blame her. Peyton is all she has left in her family. She's divorced with her husband who she never hears from anymore, her parents are dead, and she has already lost one of her children, Julie, when she was only four years old due to cancer.

"He'll be okay." I say to try to calm Mrs.Meyers' down.

She sits down next to me. "I don't know. I don't want to get my hopes up because when I do, everything goes wrong."

I put my arm around her shoulder. "Mrs.Meyer, I have know Peyton for 3 years now. If I've learned anything about him, it's that he's strong and he won't stop fighting no matter what."

"I've noticed that too. But what if he has no control over this?"

"He'll try his hardest to take control."

Sabrina's P.O.V

"Rowan, do you want me to drive?" I ask only because she's freaking out. It's obvious she's still in love with Peyton.

"No...I'll be fine. I'm just worried for him."

After 10 minutes of driving, we arrive at the hospital. We walk inside to the reception desk.

"Hello. We're here to see Peyton Meyer."

The reception lady types something on her computer then turns back to us. "He's currently on floor 4."

"Thank you." I say.

Rowan and I take the elevator up to level four. Rowan's hands are shaking like crazy and she's as silent as she's ever been. We step out of the elevator into the waiting room. I see Corey and Mrs.Meyers'. I grab Rowan's hand and half walk half run her over to them.

"What happened?" Rowan spoke for the first time since earlier.

Corey explains to us what happened and Rowan starts crying. I sit there, trying not to cry. They've never seen me cry before and I'm trying to keep it that way.

A nurse walks over to us. "Are you here for Mr.Meyers?" she asks us all.

"Yes." We all answer.

"About Peyton's condition..."