Jealousy

Chapter 27

One week later, Thursday, 3:47 pm

In the bunker

Katie's POV

Katie: Daddy. I call as I walk in to the living room.

Dad: Yeah?

Katie: Can you take me to the park?

Dad: Actually, we have plans, tonight.

Who the hell is "we"? I wasn't notified about any plans. I just wanna go to park, but I can't, because apparently, we have plans. What the fuck are these plans? And why wasn't I told about them, before right now?

Katie: We do?

Dad: Yeah. Uh, I invited Alice over for dinner, tonight. I think it would be nice for us all to have dinner with her, and for you and Dean to get to know a little about her.

I can "get to know a little about her" by talking to you. Especially since you to talk about her non fucking stop. I don't need to meet her or have dinner with her, to get to know about her. I can literally just ask you.

Katie: Dad-

Dad: I know, Sweetheart. You're not sure how you feel about her just yet. And that's ok. I'm not asking you to love her or even like her yet. I'm just asking you to sit at the table and eat dinner with the rest of us. That's all I need you to do. You don't even have to talk to her, if you don't want to.

Katie: But wouldn't that be rude? To not talk to somebody?

Dad: No. Alice already knows about your anxiety. We've talked about it, and I told her that you get really nervous around new people. She'd know that you're not being rude. You're just anxious. She wouldn't have any problems with it. This is something that we talked about. Before she agreed to come over.

Katie: But you didn't talk about it with me. Daddy, you didn't tell me about this.

But he talked to his girlfriend about it. He talked to some random woman about it, before he talked to his kid about it.

Dad: I'm sorry, Sweetheart. I just figured that I'd talk to you about it before dinner. Before Alice got here.

Katie: But I need time to think about stuff like this. Dad-

Dad: I know. I'm sorry. Really. I didn't mean to-

Katie: I don't wanna talk to you.

Before he can say anything, I'm leaving the room. He's not following me, probably because he knows that he pissed me off. How could he do that? How could he talk to his girlfriend before me? He didn't even know this woman, a month ago. He's known me for 16 years. And he didn't talk to me about having a family dinner with this random woman? As I'm walking down the hall, heading to my room, I run dead in to Uncle Dean. I guess I didn't see him. Or maybe I was just too caught up in my thoughts to realize that he was there. Now I've embarrassed myself by running into him, and falling on my ass.