It's not that big of a deal

Chapter 9

The same day, 8:01 pm

In the bunker

Katie's POV

Katie: No thanks. I think I'll stay over here.

Uncle Dean: I wasn't asking. Come here, before I go get you. And Katie, you don't want me to go get you.

You're right. I don't. But I also don't wanna go over there.

Katie: I really don't wanna-

Uncle Dean: Katelyn Grace, get over here!

I jump in surprise, even though I kinda knew he was gonna yell at me. He doesn't look as sorry as Dad did. This is gonna be a long talk. I walk over to his bed and stand in front of him. I don't know what he wanted me to do, but I didn't wanna risk him spanking me, so I had to come over here. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

Uncle Dean: Sit.

I sit down on the bed, next to him, and look at my hands.

Uncle Dean: I don't know what got into you, to make you wanna sneak out, but you should be ashamed of yourself. Do you have any idea how worried your Dad was? We were both worried, but him? He didn't know where you went, or whether or not you went there willingly. I had to calm him down and tell him that you were probably just at the mall.

Katie: It's not that big of a deal. I was just-

Uncle Dean: It is that big of a deal, Katie. You left the house, and we had no idea that you even left your room. Anything could've happened to you, and by the time we found out that you weren't in this building, it would've been too late. Do you understand that? You know what's out there. So you know what could've happened to you. You were by yourself, with no protection. You made yourself the easiest target for monsters. Especially monsters that me and your Dad pissed off, who might want revenge. What better revenge than taking you?

Katie: You're just trying to scare me, so that I don't sneak out again.

Uncle Dean: Am I? Or am I trying to make you understand what could've happened to you tonight? I don't think you understand that tonight could've turned into way more than just you going to the mall. Something could've taken you, and by this point in time, you'd be dead. This is about so much more than just you not listening. This is about so much more than just the fact that you snuck out. It's about the fact that something could've found you, and taken you. You could've been tortured and killed, and we'd still think that you were in your room. Do you understand that? Do you understand that you put your life at risk tonight?

Katie: Uncle Bean-

Uncle Dean: Something could've found you, tortured you, and then ripped you apart, Katelyn. Yeah, you were just at the mall. But what if you weren't? What if you didn't make it there? What if we couldn't find you in time? What if we didn't even know you weren't here, until you were already dead?

I think he's trying to scare me. And it's working. I know what's out there, and I know that when I'm alone, with no protection, my chances of being ripped apart by a monster are like 60%. I don't wanna get ripped apart. By anything.

Behave Yourself जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें