Do you forgive me?

Chapter 41

Three weeks later, Monday, 5:43 pm

In the bunker

Katie's POV

I haven't spoken a single word to Dad, in three weeks. He still hasn't apologized for what he said, so I'm still not talking to him. I've been talking to Uncle Dean, though. He's been talking to Dad, about what happened. I've heard Dad say that he feels bad and wants to talk to me, but he hasn't tried yet. I don't think he knows how to address what happened. I don't know how to address it, either. It was a dumb argument, and now it was weeks ago. How do you address something that was so dumb, and that happened so long ago?

Uncle Dean: Katie. He calls as he knocks on my bedroom door.

Katie: Yeah?

Uncle Dean: Come to the living room.

Katie: Why?

Uncle Dean: Because you and your Dad need to talk this out. This is getting ridiculous. It's been weeks, and neither of you have tried to talk to each other about what happened. So now, you're both gonna talk, whether you want to or not.

Katie: I don't want to.

Uncle Dean: What did I just say? "whether you want to or not".

Katie: Fine, but only if he's not gonna yell at me.

Uncle Dean: He won't yell. We already talked about it. Nobody's gonna yell at anybody. And if you do, you're both gonna have to deal with me. This silent treatment shit's gone on for too damn long, and I'm not gonna watch it anymore. So you're gonna talk it out, and this drama is gonna end. Do you understand me?

Katie: Yeah.

Uncle Dean: Try again.

Katie: Yes, Sir. I'm coming.

I get off my bed and open my bedroom door. Uncle Dean's already walking to the living room, where Dad's probably waiting. I follow him, dreading the conversation that's about to happen. I do wanna talk about what happened. I just don't know how. And I kinda wanted Dad to make an effort to talk to me, first. Once to the living room, I see Dad sitting on the couch. We've barely stayed in the same room for long periods of time, in the passed few weeks. I think we've been avoiding each other.

Uncle Dean: You He nudges me with his elbow say something.

Katie: Hi, Daddy. I say, barely above a whisper.

Uncle Dean: Sam.

Dad: Hi, Sweetheart.

Uncle Dean: Go sit down, and you're gonna have a conversation about what happened.