Honey bun

Chapter 16

Thursday, 4:30 pm

In the bunker

Sam's POV

I'm in the living room, sitting on the couch and waiting for Katie to get home.

Dean: Shouldn't she have been here, 15 minutes ago?

Sam: She's taking the bus home. It's late sometimes.

Dean: You gonna talk to her about her grades?

I got her report card, and I'm not happy about it. I knew that Katie's grades weren't perfect, but this? This looks like she's not even trying to make passing grades.

Sam: Yeah. I'm gonna give her a minute to get out of her school clothes, then I'm gonna talk to her.

Katie: Daddy? She calls from by the stairs.

Sam: In the living room. I call back.

She comes to the living room with a frustrated look on her face. This is either because she knows I have her report card, or something happened at school.

Sam: What happened?

Katie: I know you got my report card.

Sam: Yeah. I did. Do you wanna go make yourself comfortable before we talk about that?

Katie: I don't wanna talk about it.

Sam: Well that's too bad. You should've thought about that before you let your grades get this bad. We're gonna talk about it, and we're gonna find a way to fix this. Go change, then you're gonna come find me. I'll be in the library.

Katie: And what if I don't come find you?

Sam: Then I'm gonna spank you for your grades, instead of giving you the chance to talk about it.

Katie: You're not gonna spank me.

She's in that weird after school mood. It's never a good mood. Right after school, Katie's usually annoyed for a few hours.

Sam: I will spank you, if you keep being this disrespectful. I'm asking you, while I'm being patient, to go change your clothes and make yourself comfortable, so that we can have a small discussion about your grades. But if you wanna be disrespectful, then you're gonna get spanked. Then, we're gonna have that talk, while you sit on a sore ass.

Katie: I'm not talking to you. She says as she storms out of the room.

Sam: Katelyn Grace, come back here, please.

Katie: No!

And with that, I hear her bedroom door slam.

Dean: You want me to go talk to her?

Sam: No. I got it. If I send you to talk to her, every time she acts like this, she'll never listen to me. Just you. I need her to listen to me. But she's frustrated, and definitely tired, so she's not gonna listen to anything that I say to her, right now.

Dean: Give her a few minutes, then go talk to her. That's probably all she needs. Just a few minutes to cool off.

Sam: Yeah.