23. Night visitor

Start from the beginning

No response.

I sigh and run my hand over my face.

I just wanna sleep man!

I freeze when I hear a choking sound.

Is he....crying?

He starts whispering something, with his mouth covered I can't understand what he's saying, so I lean my ear closer.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" he's whispering it over and over again.

My heart clenches.

"Xander, are you drunk?" I question the obvious, there's no way a sober Xander would come into my room and cry.

He finally lifts his face and I see his tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes.

I get a whiff of Burbon from his breath

Yep. Drunk.

"I'm sorry Genny, I'm so sorry" he sobs, grabbing his hair and ripping at it.

Genny?

"I t-treated you so bad i-i still do, and you were s-so scared of me" more tears spill from his eyes and my own threaten to water.

"I'm n-not like him I swear! I would never ever actually hurt you, you're my sister" his voice cracks and my eyes instantly water.

"It's oka-" I go to reassure him but he speaks over me.

"N-no it's not! You were scared of me and I knew it but I-I still treated you like shit. I'm sorry Genny, I am, I promise" he apologizes, so much emotion and sadness in his voice I know he's telling the truth this time.

"I-i just blamed you for m-mom, I don't remember her, I didn't get to grow up with her and that pissed me off and I took my anger out on y-you" he presses his hands to his eyes, his hands shaking.

I gulp down the lump in my throat.

"But you were just a fucking baby, it wasn't your fault" he curses, his fist clenching in anger now.

He looks straight ahead at my window, anger visible in his eyes.

But it's gone in a second when another sob chokes out of his throat.

I'm crying by now too, silently listening to him and shedding tears.

I sniff and he turns to me, he sees my tears and even more slide down his cheeks now.

He suddenly reaches forward so fast I don't have time to react before his arms are circling around me.

I let out a sob now, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Genny, I'm sorry" his voice breaks as he speaks "Don't cry because of me"

Now were both sobbing messes.

"It's okay Xander....just please don't act like that again, I hated it..." I beg with a whimper.

Fucking hell, I've become such a emotional pussy since living here.