Chapter 12: The Meeting Room

Start from the beginning

"If someone is plotting a game about me, then shouldn't I play the game too? It would be challenging and fun, right? It's intriguing, and of course I shouldn't let that person catch me easily; that would be boring," I explained, taking a sip of my red wine.

"hmm! This wine is delicious." I added, complementing the wine that was served.

"HAHAHA!" The king burst into laughter, as did the other heir of the house.

"Brilliant and interesting, very interesting." The king said, then drank his wine with a smirk.

Harrice said, "My lady is bold and clever; you certainly have the blood of the Mullens." The House Voce's heir, who is now 24 years old. Harrice Voce, allegedly inherited the energy of the lightning stone. He is known for being a brilliant inventor in the Kingdom, creating magic stones for different technologies.

"I admire your bravery, my lady." Sir Clyde Ramsbury said,

"Don't say that," Vladimir said while holding a wine glass. "Why not, tower master? I just admire the lady, nothing more." Clyde explained.

"I must emphasize to you that you shouldn't use the term 'admire' since it is so easy for admiration to turn into that emotion called 'love'. It irritates me, especially when it comes from you," Vladimir explained in a serious tone and drank his wine.

The two appeared to be shooting electric shards and daggers as they stared at one another. They are seated in opposite corners of the room. I was seated between my brother and Vladimir, with Sir Clyde in front of me and the Princess in front of him. Vladimir has been silent for a while, so I had assumed he would be quiet, but he obviously despises Clyde, and so this happened.

Everyone was quite for a moment when suddenly the King spoke.

*clears throat*

"Tell me, Lady Mullens. What will you do to that person who plotted against you?" the king asked, while looking at me with too much pressure.

"I should give that person a taste of his medicine, a horrid taste to be exact." I said this while holding my empty wine glass up to the king.Then the maid quickly poured another wine into my glass and left.

"Oh really?"

"It is simply because that individual seemed to have no idea who he or she was bumping into." I said it with confidence in my tone, not letting them see my weakness.

*wine class shattered*

"My apologies, I was clumsy." The princess excused herself.

I wonder... It looks like the king is facing the same problem as I am. Is that why he is asking me such a question? or does he know who the culprit is?

My brother held my hand and looked at me. His face is telling me, "I did a great job." I wasn't aware that my hands were all sweaty and trembling because I was too nervous in front of the king.

Anyway, the conversation went on to the main agenda.

<At the Palace Garden>

The conference is over. We spoke extensively about the kingdom's future goals and the Black Mist movements. It was exhausting, so I made the decision to enter the palace garden for some fresh air and relaxation.

The garden is full of roses; I don't see any sunflowers here.

Wait, there's that smell again.

"Sunflowers and roses...