CHAPTER 44 - PROVISIONAL LICENSING EXAM PART III

Denki had never been so grateful that he studied in his life. Aside from the Entrance Exam, which he barely passed, this was the only time he'd been so invested in his studies.

Branching off from an internet deep dive, Denki had followed one Herotube video to the next. What started off as a cool video of electrical quirk compilations soon became a video of how different electrical quirks worked, that soon became a video about electrical conductivity. Denki hadn't even realised he'd binged multiple videos on conductivity of materials and insulating substances until the sun rose that morning.

His mind buzzed with possibilities and that day, Denki had to work extra hard to keep the stray jolts from leaping from his skin. His quirk always got a little out of hand whenever he didn't sleep properly. Last night though...it was productive.

Denki had gone to the Support Labs as soon as class ended. This was important. And it would help him create his Ultimate Move.

Wrapping his body in an ambient blanket of electricity, Denki wasn't too afraid of being grabbed or punched. What he was afraid of, was whatever that guy did to make the other contestants the squirming meatballs on the ground.

Firing off a disc behind the guy, Denki tried to use his quirk to immobilise him. No dice.

In a move that awed Denki, the senpai jumped onto some of the floating blobs that surrounded him and flew? Levitated? Away from any surface that Denki could have touched. Denki couldn't aim at him up there with his discs. It was smart.

Denki only briefly registered the clip slammed onto his hand before Yaomomo's voice called out to Kirishima.

"KIRISHIMA! CATCH!" Something was thrown at the redhead, but the Sturdy Hero didn't catch it. The end of the cord was in the hands of the senpai they were fighting.

"KAMINARI, USE YOUR QUIRK!"

Without thinking, Denki unleashed his Indiscriminant Shock at 1 Million Volts. The electricity shot through the clip that Yaomomo had given him, travelling up the cord faster than anyone could react. And it met its target.

The senpai was hit immediately, body spasming as the blobs underneath him trembled, losing form and causing him to fall. Yaomomo had given Kirishima some material to catch the senpai in, so that the Sturdy Hero wouldn't be affected by any lingering volts of Denki's electricity.

They tagged all of the senpai's targets before placing him down beside a wall. The medbots would retrieve him later.

Groaning filled the air as the blobs all shook. Arms shot out and legs grew from the mess of limbs.

The other competitors were coming to.

A hand clapped his shoulder and Denki turned to see his friend's bright smile.

"You were so manly bro!"

"Thanks!"

They had to be brought back to the present by a polite cough.

"Ahem."

"You were so manly, too, Yaomomo-"

"Sorry Kirishima, Kaminari, but we can save the congratulations for a later time. We have company."

All three UA students shared matching smiles.

"We can do this."

—-------

Tenya was running. That was normal. Tenya was running with Mineta under his arm. That was.. less normal. Tenya was running away from a crowd of people as they tried to attack him...that was not at all normal.