CHAPTER 38 - INVESTIGATION PART III

The Training Camp was a disaster. There was no other way to describe it. With over 30 students injured and 1 missing, it was labelled one of the worst villain attacks on a hero school ever, not that there were many to compare to begin with.

Either way, the media were having a field day reporting on the events. They didn't forget to interrogate the heroes for their failure in keeping their students safe.

—-------

"Thank you."

Null blinked. He blinked again. He kept blinking furiously as if that would change the image currently presented to him.

His kids all stood before him, all of them bowing deeply as they expressed their deepest gratitude for his actions during the attack on the training camp.

"You didn't have to do it Null, but you saved our little brother. He would have been captured had it not been for you, so thank you." Fuyumi spoke softly as she smiled at him, relief evident in her voice.

Null had to fight the urge to wipe the tears away like he would have had they been at the cafe, instead offering a tissue to the heroine.

Fuyumi took the offering gratefully, dabbing at her eyes as Null stood awkwardly. How was he supposed to react to this? Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Natsuo straighten up, addressing him as Fuyumi pulled herself back together.

"Thanks man. Our baby brother could have been gone..." Natsuo paused, as if the next words pained him.

"...and we wouldn't have been able to do anything." There it was.

Before anyone else could say anything else, Null just gave them a departing bow and sprinted away. The heroes didn't try to stop him, but they all gave him a critical eye.

—-------

"There's something very off with Null." Tenko commented. No one corrected him. It was true. There was no reason for Null to have been at the training camp. Even if they were grateful for the vigilante's assistance, it was still extremely suspicious.

The camp's location was hidden from everyone, including the students. So how did Null know where to go, or even that the students were in danger? The excuse that he'd given when asked was edgy, and it was clear that he didn't want to answer. At least not truthfully.

Even with their partnership over the drug case, that was no reason for Null to go above and beyond for them. He cared too much, for someone who didn't really know them. When Tenko had spoken with Shouto, his little brother had told him that Null had been extremely kind to him. Saving him not once, but twice. As great of a guy Null no doubt was, there was no way Null was doing this for no reason. Tenko just needed to know the reason.

There were only two logical reasons for Null to care so much for their little family. He either wanted something from them, or as Tenko was beginning to suspect...he knew them in his civilian identity. Tenko would figure out which. He couldn't let such a loose cannon remain a mystery.

—----------------------------

BONUS:

-Endeavor Tries Parenting: Fuyumi-

Every girl wanted to be spoiled and cherished by their dad. Fuyumi was no different. From the moment her quirk came in, her father hadn't had the time to even look at her, too busy training Touya or out being a hero to be a father. No matter how much she wished, or begged for him to give her the smallest bit of his time, her father remained adamant that he should either be at work or training her brothers.