CHAPTER 15 - FIRST DAY OF UA

A/N: I found this image online and I thought this perfectly captured their relationship. Credits to @seirenen for drawing this.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Ever since Endeavor found out about their training on Sekoto Peak, he'd been acting strange. Touya would often find the man looking at him with a strange glint in his eyes. It gave Touya the chills. Sometimes he'll stay home from the agency and invite him, Natsuo, and Fuyumi to play a board game or watch a movie together. His father said it with such earnestness that the three of them quickly made an excuse and ran out of the house. It was so odd they couldn't take it. It was like he was... changing. After so many years of neglect, none of them knew how to react to him anymore. He was a stranger, a stranger with whom shared their blood.

Endeavor had offered to give him a recommendation for UA but Touya wanted to prove to the world that he could succeed without his father's influence. He'd spent years training with Nabe, his dad. He could pass with the skills he got from training with his dad, the one who cared for him when Endeavor did not. The Entrance Exam was almost pathetically easy with his quirk, giant robots were nothing compared to his flames, and the extra hero points he gained while helping those he came across just made passing even easier. In total, he had managed to gain 83 villain points and an additional 60 heroic points, easily securing himself first place. When his results were sent out he had raced to the cafe where he and Tenko had opened their letters together. Tenko had placed behind Touya's 143 points with a still impressive 105 points, and was welcomed into Heroics Class 1B. Both boys were brimming with joy and eagerly awaited their first day at UA.

It was finally his first day at UA. He and Tenko had arrived at the gate together but had to go their separate ways for class. Touya wandered the corridor before stopping in front of a tall door, the classroom name was emblazoned on the side. "CLASS 1A".

There were already people inside. Boys and girls with many different and unique quirks chatted amicably from their desks as a yellow sleeping bag lay in the front of the room. Touya made his way to the back of the classroom, putting his things down in the seat next to a blonde male student.

"Hi, I'm Touya Todoroki." He introduced himself to his new seatmate.

"O-oh. I'm Akira Monoma." His new seatmate seemed surprised that he spoke to him. That was...odd. Touya didn't have time to say anything else as the yellow sleeping bag opened, a familiar figure emerging from the cocoon-like structure.

Tired black eyes met his, and he smirked, almost feeling his new teacher's exasperation.

"If you want to make friends, then get out right now. This is the hero course and there won't be any time to waste. I am your teacher, Shouta Aizawa." The man ruffled around in his desk before pulling out a stack of uniforms and placing it on the desk in front of him.

"Change into your gym uniforms and meet me out in the field." The class rushed to grab their uniforms and get changed.

In the field, they stood in a group as Aizawa gave them their instructions.

"Touya Todoroki, since you got the highest score in the Entrance Exam, come to the front." Touya did as he asked and walked to stand before his class.

"In middle school, they don't allow students to use their quirk in an effort to fake the idea of a fair world. That's nice on paper, but it's an incorrect measure of your maximum capacity." He addressed the entire class.

"Now Todoroki, take this ball and stand in the marked circle. Use your quirk and launch it as far away as possible." After receiving his instructions, Touya nodded at Aizawa and took his position. Firing off his flames and dialing down the heat as much as possible, Touya wound up his arm and threw the ball, letting loose a torrential stream of fire that propelled the ball far into the distance.