CHAPTER 25 - SPORTS FESTIVAL PART II

There was an intermission between the second and third rounds. It didn't even take 20 minutes for something to happen. Fuyumi was sitting with her family, laughing and chatting as they waited for the students to get ready for the mini-games. UA always had this intermission every year, and Fuyumi had to admit it was one of her favourite parts. This year, UA had invited American cheerleaders! Fuyumi couldn't contain her excitement as Present Mic called for the cheerleaders to come forward.

Fuyumi felt cold rage bubble up in her chest as STUDENTS walked out. With a wave of her hand, ice shields erupted from all sides, covering the girls from wandering eyes and cameras.

"HOW DARE YOU BRING STUDENTS INTO SUCH A ROUTINE!!" She yelled, glaring accusingly at the announcer's box.

"HEY! WE DIDN'T ASK THEM TO DO THIS YO!! YOU'VE GOT THIS ALL WRONG!" Present Mic's frantic denial rang around the stadium as Fuyumi heard a scream come from the ice walls she made.

"THOSE IDIOTS TRICKED US!" The voice said angrily.

"Why did I trust Kaminari and Mineta of all people?" Another girl wondered aloud, and Fuyumi could hear the disappointment in her voice. Unacceptable.

"THESE GIRLS ARE HERO STUDENTS! INTELLIGENT YOUNG WOMEN WHO WILL HELP PROTECT SOCIETY IN THE FUTURE! FOR STUPID STUDENTS TO DIMINISH THEIR WORTH INTO 'PRETTY FACES' IS DEMEANING!!"

Fuyumi could hear the voices of other female pro heroes join her as they voiced their complaints.

"We'll be sure to punish those who were responsible for this mess, Thermis. Don't worry about it." Aizawa's drawling voice was next to sound from the speakers as Fuyumi finally sat back down in her seat. Good. They better punish those responsible. She'll have Shouto report back to her if they don't.

Little did she know, she gained a few more fans that day, thankful for her protection and words of praise.

—-------

Shouto thought it was finally time to address the elephant in the room. After the second round, he dragged Midoriya into an empty corridor to talk. The green-haired boy was shaking as Shouto stared him down and Shouto couldn't help but feel like the secret's gone on for too long.

"I know your secret Midoriya." He started as Midoriya paled.

"I-I don't know w-what you're talking about Todoroki!" Midoriya squeaked as Shouto gave him an unimpressed look. Yeah, sure. Midoriya wasn't exactly subtle.

"I know what you are to All Might." Midoriya looked like he was a second from running away, solidifying Shouto's theory. He was right. He knew it.

"You don't have to hide it, you know. It's pretty obvious after all." Shouto made a point to stare into Midoriya's eyes. Touya had told him that the eyes were the windows to the soul. And Shouto wanted Midoriya to know that Shouto just wanted what's best for him.

"I know you're All Might's secret love child."

It was like the world stopped.

—-------

Izuku felt like his lungs were caving in on him. When Todoroki had dragged him away, he hadn't quite expected...this! The other boy was one of the top students in his class, and had already noted his quirk's similarity to All Might's. If anyone were to discover his secret, Izuku was sure it'd be Todoroki.

"I know your secret Midoriya." And just like that. The floor felt like it was falling from under him. His knees felt weak as the full repercussions of what Todoroki had just said hit him. He knew. Todoroki KNEW about Izuku's quirk. Izuku could feel the blood draining from his face and he hoped against all chances that it didn't show as he forced himself to respond.