CHAPTER 6 - LEARNING NEW SKILLS DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN QUIRK USE

Natsuo was excited to be invited to the cafe with Touya to learn some new skills. Mr. Nabe had invited Touya and extended the invitation to him as well. Natsuo could feel himself shake with anticipation. Usually, he was never allowed to train at home, his father would tell them that their quirks were not good enough to be heroes so it was pointless to try, but Mr. Nabe believed in them! Natsuo couldn't help grinning as he practically skipped towards the cafe with Touya trailing after him. His quirk was an ice quirk like his mother's but they've never really tested his capabilities after he didn't develop a fire side. His father had taken one look at his "weak ice quirk" and immediately labeled him useless.

When they reached the cafe, the afternoon rush was in full swing. There were a lot of people who were sitting and enjoying their lunch, many of whom were underground heroes whose profiles he'd seen on his father's desk. Whilst Endeavor didn't typically work alongside underground heroes, he was aware enough to know who they were. Pro Hero Eraserhead sat in a corner drinking his coffee like some miracle elixir whilst Ms. Joke and Present Mic were just chatting, occasionally staring at Eraserhead's coffee like it could explode.

As soon as he and Touya entered the building, Tenko and Mr. Nabe walked out of the kitchen.

"Welcome to the cafe kids. Did you have any trouble getting here?" Mr. Nabe asked politely.

"Nope! We're here and ready to train!" Natsuo practically shouted back.

"Is there a quirk gym nearby? Or are we going somewhere else to train? Are you going to teach us cool new quirk implementation techniques?" Natsuo knew he was firing off questions rapidly but he couldn't help it! He was just so excited!

Mr. Nabe just looked at the two in confusion. "I said training. I never said quirk training. You two have worked pretty hard for the past few weeks so I thought I'd teach you how to make chocolate croissants."

Whatever disappointment he had felt when he realised he wasn't training his quirk instantly disappeared when he heard that they would be making chocolate croissants. Looking at his older brother, Natsuo could tell he felt the same. The two LOVED chocolate croissants. The buttery pastry was their favourite part after training and LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT. They could make it at home! Natsuo was even more excited now.

As if Mr. Nabe could tell what the two were thinking, he smirks before bringing them to the cabinet, handing each of them an apron.

"Put those on so you don't ruin your clothes kids. And remember that the kitchen has a lot of sharp tools, so don't run!" The last part of the sentence was lost to him as Natsuo struggled with the knot. Touya walked behind him.

"Natsuo, leave it alone so I can tie it for you. You're just making it into a weird knot." His older brother said teasingly.

Soon, the two of them were brought to the kitchen, where they were made to immediately wash their hands. Tenko was already in there, sleeves rolled up and standing at the table. A slip of paper in front of him.

"Ok kids. To make this a little easier, I printed the recipe so that we have something to refer to as we're working. Can you guys all see the recipe?" They all nodded.

"Good. Now Touya, can you please read the ingredients out so we can get them?"

Touya looked at the recipe and soon began to read as Tenko and Natsuo rushed around the kitchen, preparing the ingredients.

4 cups flour(500 g)

Tenko power walked to the big bin in the corner and Natsuo couldn't help but think 'what a weird place to put flour'. As if reading his mind, Mr. Nabe explained that they go through so much flour that putting it in anything smaller would be a waste of time. Natsuo could understand that. The food at the cafe was delicious after all, it wouldn't be a surprise that they sell a lot of goods.