CHAPTER 30 - PRO HERO BLAZE AND CO.

It was uncommon for limelight heroes to be involved in underground missions like trigger busts; the visibility of limelights made them too noticeable to be as effective as any average underground hero. Having them on a mission was like putting up a very obvious sign to any villains who were working illegally that the heroes were coming. Short of putting up a flashing neon sign, having limelight heroes working in the underground was akin to broadcasting their intentions. That was why Touya, Fuyumi and Natsuo were stunned when they were given a mission to hunt down the cause of the spike in trigger related crime in Musutafu. Not only was the circulation of trigger becoming a big issue, but another drug was also raising some alarms. Quirk suppressants had always been readily available on the market; in the age of quirks, they were important in maintaining order, especially when children were young and unable to control their quirks when they first manifested. If it were typical quirk suppressants, the Commission likely wouldn't have bat an eye, the only problem was, they weren't. The suppressants currently making the rounds were different. They were stronger, more potent and harmful to the quirk factor. There were rumours going around that they were actually the prototype for another drug. A quirk eraser. The mission was to stop the circulation at the source before it could become too big of an issue.

For Blaze, Thermis, and Jack Frost, who were unfamiliar with the underground scene, they had to rely on Midas' connections. Even though Tenko had become a prominent rescue hero, he was no slouch in the underground either. With such a destructive quirk, he was forced to learn other skills if he wanted to do hero work, which included masking his presence and making friends in different places.

"According to my contacts, there is one group we need to talk to if we want info." Midas had told them. As limelights, they had to ask an underground for help. Natsuo had fought for it to be Midas. They didn't go on nearly enough missions together. If Natsuo could spend more time with Tenko in hero costume, he'd take it. Not that it was the only reason he'd asked Tenko to work with them. Not at all!

—-------

They'd tried to track down even ONE vigilante, but it was like they had all disappeared. The group that Midas had told them about was nowhere to be found. Despite all the rumours about their meetup spots, routes and patrol areas, it was like they had all disappeared. Blaze couldn't understand why such notorious vigilantes would be so elusive. Throughout the month that he and his team had tried to locate them, they'd be unseen even as their activities continued.

Midas' contacts had confirmed that they were still operating so it was illogical for none of them to have been visible to him or his siblings. It was like they were actively avoiding Blaze and the heroes. How else would they have disappeared so seamlessly?

Even Midas was unable to catch a glimpse of them during his patrols!

What Blaze did not notice at that moment, was a figure perched on the rooftop adjacent to the alleyway he was in.

—-------

Flashburn was eyeing the young hero as he spoke into his comms. It was Blaze. For the past month, he and his team had been snooping around the areas where Flashburn's friends operated. If it were any underground hero, this wouldn't have raised any red flags. They were vigilantes after all, having random heroes try to hunt them down was a given. Some underground heroes would work with them, and others would try to arrest them. It was a coin flip over which hero they'd encounter. That was only underground heroes though. So what was a daylight hero doing looking into their activities?

"Null and the Musutafu Vigilantes are a no go again tonight." The hero said into his comms. Honestly, he wasn't that loud, but he was definitely louder than most underground heroes. It came with the territory. Any underground that loud could never catch any villain unaware. In the darkness of night-time heroics, anyone who wasn't trained to properly deal with the new situation was easy pickings for anyone who did. It wasn't to say that underground heroes were any better than limelight heroes, but different situations needed different skills. Limelight heroes did not have the skills for underground heroics. Not unless they trained in it.