CHAPTER 22 - AFTERMATH

UA shut down for a couple of days to let the students recover from the attack and deal with the fallout. Meanwhile, in a meeting room in the school...

Nezu sat at the head of the table as the teachers sat around him. Touya, Tenko, Fuyumi, and Natsuo were invited as guests to the meeting.

"Hello Blaze, Jack Frost, Thermis, and Midas. Welcome to the staff meeting." The chimera greeted them with a smile on his face. They sat straighter as they looked at their old principal.

"Thank you for inviting us." Touya said stiffly. He had somehow been relegated to the role of 'main speaker' for their little group. None of them wanted to be involved in this mess, but they'd been dragged in anyways.

"As you all know, All Might is the Symbol of Peace. What you might not know, is that he's losing power." Their principal continued, looking each of them in the eyes.

"Of course! He's old after all!" Natsuo couldn't stop the words from spilling out, quickly clasping his hand over his mouth to silence himself. But it was too late, his words had caused All Might to spit out blood in shock, and a few teachers laughed at the man's embarrassment. Even Aizawa, who was wrapped up in bandages, was laughing at the horror in the No. 1 Hero's eyes. Present Mic, who sat next to him, put a hand on the erasure hero's shoulder to steady him as he chuckled. Once the laughter abated, Nezu continued speaking, now with a glint of hilarity in his eyes.

"Yes. All Might is indeed getting older-" the man in question choked on blood again as the principal purposefully dug at his age.

"Principal, I am not-"

"Now, now All Might! We all age. You must admit to it at some point. You're not getting any younger." Nezu chided as All Might slumped in his seat. This time, Touya had to hold back a snicker as Fuyumi and Tenko elbowed him, silent warnings to 'NOT'.

"All Might, as you have seen during the USJ attack, is not what he used to be. He cannot work such long hours anymore, and thus has come to UA to slowly move away from hero work-"

"Oh. So he's retiring." Tenko said bluntly, and it was Touya's turn to elbow him in the side.

"Not the time Tenko." He hissed under his breath. Tenko rolled his eyes as Nezu continued.

"Yes, that is the case." The chimera nodded as he took a sip of his tea.

"If All Might retires, it'll cause a major shift in the Heroics World! This is major!" Fuyumi exclaimed as all eyes turned to her. Blushing at the attention, Fuyumi stared back into Nezu's dark eyes as he spoke.

"Yes. That's true. That's why we must gradually get the public accustomed to a world without All Might." He mused, voice soft.

"That also means..." Now Nezu's gaze was piercing as he stared at his ex-students, all of whom were now sitting rigidly in their seats.

"This cannot get out until it is time." He concluded, keeping an eye on each of the heroes.

"Is that clear?" His tone was threatening now as he looked at them, as if they were test subjects that he had to observe. Touya felt like his ex-principal's gaze could stab through him. It felt as if he would be taken down the moment he disagreed or said something wrong. He understood the importance of course. But it didn't make the situation any less terrifying.

"C-crystal." All Todorokis, plus Tenko said in unison. This caused a smile to erupt on the chimera's face.

"Excellent! And you all said that in perfect harmony too!" Nezu cheered. Whiskers twitching as he spoke.

The moment was short-lived as the smile disappeared.

"Now. I think it's time to discuss what we've figured out from the attack." He said as he settled down in his seat again.