CHAPTER 29 - SUPPLY CHAIN CUTOFF

A/N: If I make a discord server/channel. Would you guys join? I'm tossing up the idea.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

After the Hosu Attack, as the media had dubbed it, Null tried to lay low. Whilst he wouldn't regret taking down the Hero Killer to stop him from killing the Iida brothers, it didn't stop the heroes from taking more notice of him now that he stepped out into the open. Null wasn't supposed to be in the spotlight, he was supposed to help out in the shadows. That was why tonight would need to be quick and silent. From the last timeline, Dr. Garaki had bragged about his "blessed luck". Under his care, a stolen quirk had mutated, leading to him using it to stabilise the Nomu.  Apparently, it had pushed his research decades ahead of schedule. That quirk would be delivered today. An old woman who finally lost her fight against her illness would be delivered to the Nomu Factory. Null wasn't going to let it happen. Her quirk, though seemingly weak was integral to the development of the Nomu. Restructure was a unique quirk, it allowed the woman to quickly adapt to any changes in her body, she could rapidly gain or lose weight, grow or shrink by a few centimeters without any scars remaining on her skin. She used this to play small roles in film during her youth. She could change herself to play various parts wherever she was needed. For a small time actress, it was a good quirk, hidden and not flashy. As it was not a quirk typically seen in heroics, others typically ignored her. For the Nomu however...to stop them from breaking apart due to the stress involved in their creation, her quirk was used like a "glue". Having her quirk let the Doctor develop the Nomu faster and more dangerous. Their ability to adapt meant that more quirks and more abilities could be crammed into one Nomu. It was useful when Dabi was a villain, but now Dabi didn't exist. Null was a vigilante.

From his place on the roof, Null watched as a large box was wheeled to the docks by a gang of low level criminals. They must've stolen it from the crypt of the hospital that the woman had died in. How disgusting. Null sprang into action the moment they'd revealed their hand. He knew that he had to do this in a way where no attention was brought to it. If AFO and the Doctor figured out that he knew...they'd hunt him down until they caught him. Until they caught his kids. Null wouldn't let that happen, he needed to make this look like a job gone wrong.

The villains were standing around, waiting for their connection to the Doctor no doubt. Null watched as his mole started acting out, just like he told him to. Villains were greedy. Null would take full advantage. The mole began his little show by pushing into one of the other villains.

"Oi, whatchu think you're doin' bastard?" The other villain spat back as the mole started to sway, acting as if he was drunk.

"Huhhh?" Null was impressed with the way he slurred his response. If he didn't know any better, he'd also assumed the man was drunk.

"Shit, he must've drunk somethin' earlier." Another villain noted.

Good. Things were going to plan. The mole started swaying some more as other villains tried to stabilise him. Crash! The box went slamming onto the ground, the lid threatening to come off.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Yet another villain asked angrily.

The mole didn't answer, tipping over and onto the box. Now, all of the villains were springing up to stop him.

"Oi, quit it-" The villain was punched square in the nose. Blood flowed from his face like a waterfall as he staggered back, eyes closed in pain.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU-" Another punch and another villain down for the count.

There was a circle forming around the mole as he leaned over the box.

Null dropped down from the roof and into an alleyway, eyes still watching as the villains fought amongst themselves. There were curses and quirks thrown carelessly around as they argued. A flame quirk was eventually unleashed and Null took the chance to guide it to fall on the box. The wooden vessel immediately erupted into flames.