CHAPTER 8 - THREE MAKES A CROWD, WELCOME REI AND FUYUMI

Fuyumi knew that her brothers were going somewhere together. The way they tried to hide what they brought back was a little sad actually. Did they think everyone in the house was blind? First, it was Touya, and usually, she would have pushed it to his training, but Natsuo never trained. Her brothers were up to something and Fuyumi wanted to know exactly what it was. Today, they can come back with 2 bags of something, and Fuyumi will look until she finds out what.

Searching Natsuo's room, she was unable to find anything, everything was perfectly normal. Fuyumi huffed, putting Natsuo's things back where she found them, and started for Touya's room. If she couldn't find it in Natsuo's room, she'd find it in Touya's room for sure. It didn't even take a minute for her to find the bag in the bottom drawer of Touya's desk. She really should have just gone to his room first, Touya was really bad at hiding things.

The bag was white and made out of paper, the front had a logo emblazoned on it. The Pheonix Cafe. Her brothers have been going to a cafe? That was strange, Fuyumi didn't know her brothers liked to go out for tea. They should've invited her! Reaching into the bag to see what was inside, she found that the croissants in the bag were still warm. Taking one out, Fuyumi didn't think twice before biting into it. The pastry broke away and almost melted in her mouth as Fuyumi chewed. IT WAS DELICIOUS! Fuyumi finished the croissant in her hand before grabbing another one, quietly slipping out of Touya's room after tucking the bag back in his drawer. She'll have to tell mum about what she found.

—-------

Rei was surprised when Fuyumi told her about the boys' little outings. She was glad they were spending quality time together, they had just run outside earlier in a game of tag.

"Mum! Can we follow them next time? I want to see where they're going!" Fuyumi's voice came out as a whine as she stood in front of her, her bottom lip jutted out and eyes pleading. From what Fuyumi had told her, the boys would go out on Saturday. The nanny came to work for the full day on Saturday so she could leave Shouto in her capable hands. Though Rei wanted to think about it a little longer, one look from her daughter was all it took to change her mind. She couldn't say no to that face.

"Ok Fuyumi, we'll go."

"Thank you!" With a cheerful grin, Fuyumi had given Rei a big hug before running to her room. No doubt to plan how she wanted to trail the boys on Saturday.

Rei sighed to herself as she started preparing dinner for the family. A smile made its way onto her face. This sounds interesting, and it'll give her a chance to get out of this house for a while.

Humming a small song as she worked, Rei gathered the ingredients to make udon. She couldn't help but feel a little excited to see what her children were up to.

—-------

Fuyumi was giddy as she forced herself to stay quiet. Her brothers had just left the estate again and she and her mum were following closely behind. The boys had said they were going to Sekoto Peak but she wasn't so sure. She was certain that Sekoto Peak didn't have any cafes but they wouldn't just lie right?

Fuyumi kept her steps silent as the boys finally reached the bottom of Sekoto Peak. She could swear they walked faster as they started to climb.

Climbing the mountain after them, Fuyumi grew more determined to see just what they were hiding.

When the boys finally stopped walking, Fuyumi was surprised to find that 2 people waited for them at the top of Sekoto Peak. One was a boy that looked around Touya's age. He had pale blue hair and red eyes, his expression was bored as he looked at her brothers, though Fuyumi swore she could see the slightest twinge of his lips when he saw them approaching. The other figure was a man. He had blue hair like the boy but his looked a little brighter, shining like dew drops on flowers in the morning. His eyes were a bright blue, making his pale skin appear even fairer as he rested against a tree. It was like an angel was standing in front of her. Her mum walked up from behind her and gasped at the man standing there. Did she know him?