CHAPTER 37 - TRAINING CAMP DISASTER PART III

Izuku's heart almost jumped out of his chest when he saw the shadow descend on Kouta. For a terrifying moment, he thought that the small child would die in front of him. He would've died. Izuku was too late. If not for Kouta's quick reaction, he would have been a splatter on the ground.

Izuku would have failed as a hero before he could even begin.

When the villain removed his mask, revealing his face, Izuku felt phantom chills crawl up his spine. The villain was Muscular. A psychopathic killer.

He stood no chance.

Despite his abysmal chances of winning, Izuku couldn't give up, there was a child that he needed to save.

Even if it meant Kouta ran away whilst he distracted the villain.

—-------

Null leapt from branch to branch as he raced to where he thought the kids were. The artificial rain had lasted only a few minutes, but that initial attack was more than enough to severely harm more than a handful of students. If they didn't make it undercover in time, there was no way they could have remained unscathed.

And just as he expected, Null found multiple students with various chemical burns on them as he traversed the forest. Thankfully, he hadn't run into anything too serious yet. The kids could manage with the injuries they currently had.

They weren't his priority though. That was reserved for Shouto. He needed to make sure his kid was safe.

—-------

Izuku dodged a blow that would have killed him had it hit, and mentally thanked Mr. Aizawa for all the extra training his teacher had given him. It may have been hell at the time, but the results were showing in his continued survival.

"STAY STILL, YOU BRAT!!" The villain roared. Yeah...Izuku wasn't going to do that. Weaving in between the swings aimed at his head, Izuku didn't have the time to look for Kouta, too focused on not dying.

Of course, the few months of training he had was not enough to win him the fight though. A lucky shot caught Izuku off guard and buried itself into his side before Izuku was launched into the mountainside.

"Ha...ha..." The villain puffed, breathing heavily as he wiped the sweat from his brow, a mad grin starting to appear on his face.

"You put up a good fight, kid." The corners of the villain's smile stretched impossibly high on his face as he trudged towards Izuku, who was doing his best to get up, trembling as he forced his body into a fighting stance. He...couldn't give up! The cuts stung but that pain was overridden by the agony he felt from his arm. It was a familiar sensation. Izuku had broken it.

He was ripped out of his thoughts when a hand grasped at his hair, pulling a few strands from the roots and using it to lift his head. Muscular peered into Izuku's eyes, a sadistic gleam in his own as he began to speak.

"Man...I was told that I'd get to kill some dumb kids today, and I am not disappointed!"

A splash of water stole his attention away from Izuku, and the villain released his grip on Izuku's hair. Still trembling, fear evident in his eyes was Kouta. He was still here! He needed to leave! He needed to go somewhere safe! He shouldn't be here!!

Izuku panicked when he saw that the child had not run away as he had hoped.

"W-What are you doing here?!" The child asked, it was clear he was trying to sound sure of himself, but there was a tremble in his voice, betraying the true fear that he felt inside.