CHAPTER 20 - THE USJ

Shouto stood with his class as they crowded the bus. Mr. Aizawa had told them that they would be conducting rescue exercises today and promptly told them to get dressed in their hero costumes before meeting him by the bus.

Shouto could hear the excited chatter of his classmates as they made their own theories on what they'd be doing today. Tenya stood at his side as his vice-president, giving out instructions to their classmates.

"Gather round, Class 1A! Please form two orderly lines according to your class number! As UA students we must be organised when out representing our school!" The arm chopping was back and Shouto could only watch as Tenya stepped into his leadership role with a stiffness that Shouto knew came from the pressure of being a legacy. Shouto could understand, though he knew he didn't have to act like that to fulfil his role. The Iida Family had always been known to be the "white knight" type of hero, as his siblings had told him. They had a reputation for being the kind of heroes from fairytales, Tenya's formality was an attempt to replicate that ideal.

The Todoroki Family on the other hand had no such image. Though they were a prominent hero family now, their hero status had only started with Endeavor. Shouto's grandfather had been a businessman, and his grandmother had been a model. It was with the establishment of Endeavor that the Todoroki Family gained notoriety outside of the business circle. The only reputation he needed to worry about was his own as a strong and confident hero.

As they all piled onto the bus, Shouto could see Tenya visibly slump at the seat arrangement.

"The bus' open layout ruined my boarding strategy." Tenya moped from his place next to Shouto. Shouto could only pat his shoulder in consolation as the class began to speak.

"If we're pointing out the obvious, then there's something I want to say, about you actually." Asui's voice spoke up, gaining the attention of the bus. She was staring at Midoriya, and Shouto could feel his interest pique. What did Asui notice about Midoriya?

"About me? What is it, Asui?" Shouto could hear the nerves creeping into the other boy's voice and he focused his attention on Asui. Whatever she said would give him more proof as to who Midoriya was related to.

"I told you to call me Tsu." Asui, or Tsu, said back to Midoriya.

"Oh...yeah..right," Midoriya mumbled awkwardly.

"That power of yours. Isn't it a lot like All Might's?" Shouto felt vindicated. He wasn't the only one that noticed Midoriya's obvious connection to the No. 1 Hero it seems. He could see Midoriya stumble over his words and Shouto only felt more confident in his theory. Midoriya was All Might's secret love child.

"You think so huh? I never really thought about that I guess-" Shouto didn't hear the rest of what Midoriya said over their red-headed classmate, who had begun to speak.

"Wait, hold on Tsu. You're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself. That makes a huge difference." Whilst what Kirishima said was true. Shouto knew that there was still potential to harm yourself with a quirk if you didn't use it correctly. Touya had been the same. Nabe could use his quirk without harming himself, but Touya in his youth was unable to use any move without it being a kamikaze attack. Nabe's flames were identical to Touya's but the difference was how the flames were used. Just because a quirk looked simple, doesn't mean it was simple. When Touya used his quirk incorrectly and used it like Shouto's father, he hurt himself. It wasn't until he was trained by his true father that he had seen a rapid improvement. If Midoriya was the same... Shouto could bet on his soba that Midoriya had not been training with All Might for long, and was thus uncomfortable with the proper usage of his quirk. Shouto wouldn't be surprised if Midoriya had been unable to use his quirk at all before meeting his true father All Might.